become an editor
the entire directory
only in Civil_War/Confederate_Troops
Open Directory - Society: Ethnicity: African: African-American: History: Military: Civil War: Confederate Troops
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: Wars: Civil War: Confederate Units
Amendment to the Negro Soldier Bill.
- University of North Carolina presents a transcription of the Confederate States of America's 1865 bill that allowed slaves into the Confederate army.
Blacks who fought for the South (News Article)
- Read a transcript of a Washington Times article by economist Walter Williams that reveals insight into the history of black Confederate soldiers.
Captain Andre Cailloux and Claude Paschal
- A historical account of the first Black military hero of the Civil War. A member of the Louisiana Native Guards, this Confederate hero fell in defense of New Orleans.
Confederate Negro Enlistments
- Read an article by Edward Spencer that details the conflict in the Confederate Congress that precluded black Confederate troops.
Robert E. Lee on Black Troops and the Confederacy
- In the waning days of the Civil War, Gen. Robert E. Lee disclosed his thoughts on the subject of Negroes as soldiers for the Confederacy.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, October 24, 2013 6:24:09 AM EDT -