become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cultural_Arts/Visual_Arts
African American Artists at the National Gallery of Art
- An online gallery of work by selected artists, with descriptions and bibliographies.
The African American Arts Museum in California
- A guide to current and upcoming events, exhibits, lectures and activities.
Art Thirst Projects
- Visual art and writings of Onajídé Shabaka, with the occasional contributions of other artists or writers.
Jerome W. Jones Jr.
- Virginia-based artist shows paintings and prints. Portraits and murals too. Includes a celebrity photo display.
- Featuring a gallery of oil paintings, drawings and collage reflecting the African American experience.
- Best known for its African-American Artists Series of documentaries on the most important African-Americans in both art history and in the contemporary art scene.
The Museum of Black Superheroes
- Gallery of artwork from comic books featuring black superheros.
NYC Harlem Photo Gallery
- Photos of Lenox Avenue, Sylvia's, Apollo Theater, Foxy Brown, Harlem homes, and the Broadway elevated subway.
- Kristy Amacker looks at the way African Americans used photographs to construct a middle class identity for themselves in the period between 1880 and 1920. It contrasts images of blacks in studio portraits to commercial or documentary images of them at the time.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 20, 2014 at 8:35:11 UTC -