become an editor
the entire directory
only in Disabled/Universal_Design
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Disability: Universal Design
Shopping: Health: Disabilities: Assistive Technology: Building Modifications
Society: Issues: Disabilities: Accessibility
This category in other languages:
Accessibility Equipment Manufacturers Association (AEMA)
- A non-profit, unincorporated association, formed in 1990 to meet the special needs of those involved with accessibility equipment, including the design, installation and maintenance of vertical, inclined and horizontal conveying systems which are used primarily to provide access and/or egress for physically challenged persons in public and residential environments.
Accessible Property Register
- Specialist accessible and adapted residential property for sale and rent. Includes holiday accommodation and a range of disability links.
ADA Self-Evaluation Checklist for Hotels and Motels
- Information and checklist for making facilities safe and accessible for those who are blind, blind-deaf, or visually impaired.
Appliances for the Physically Limited
- Recommended appliances for remodeling a home to make it accessible for the physically limited.
Center for Inclusive Design and Environmental Access (IDEA)
- University of Buffalo School of Architecture and Planning institute which conducts research, education and design projects on universal design and environmental access. Programs, publications, software, and related links provided.
Center for Universal Design
- National research, information, and technical assistance center that evaluates, develops, and promotes universal design in housing, public and commercial facilities,and related products.
Centre for Accessible Environments
- Information and training body on the accessibility of the built environment for disabled people. A registered United Kingdom charity.
- An international effort to make all home visitable. Provides detailed construction guidelines and cost estimates for barrier-free design in new homes.
- Products, technical information, government agencies, and other resources which can assist in designing the right environment for people with disabilities.
Devine Liberty Swing
- A swing for children and adults in wheelchairs. Includes installation instructions and international contacts.
- Disability Rights Advocates for Technology, a St. Louis, MO volunteer organization representing people with disabilities and assisting them through universal design and new technologies.
Home Modification Resource Center
- Information and resources on home modification and universal design.
Informed Consumer's Guide to Accessible Housing
- Examines what accessible housing is, discusses the types of products available to achieve accessibility, and offers resources to assist in this endeavor.
National Center on Accessibility
- Provides technical assistance to organizations of all sizes who are designing and retrofitting their leisure areas and programs for accessibility; conducts, promotes, and facilitates research on issues essential to accessibility; and conducts education programs at the Center and throughout the United States.
Social Design Notes: interface
- A Web log of notes on resources on accessibility and design, politics and activism.
United States Access Board
- Independent federal agency whose primary mission is accessibility for people with disabilities.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 9, 2013 at 12:54:07 UTC -