become an editor
the entire directory
only in Service_Animals/Dogs
Shopping: Pets: Cats and Dogs: Dogs
4 Paws For Ability
- Non-profit agency placing mobility, hearing, seizure, autism, and emotional assistance dogs with children and adults with disabilities. Includes a calendar of events, FAQ, and information about raising and donating puppies.
American Dog Trainers Network
- From Arizona to Wisconsin, and internationally: a directory of organizations involved with guide dogs, hearing dogs, support dogs, search and rescue dogs.
Assistance Dogs Australia
- A licenced charitable organisation in Australia that obtains, trains and maintains service dogs helping people with disabilities to achieve a greater level of independence.
Assistance Dogs International
- Set up to promote standards of excellence in the training and supply of service, hearing and guide dogs. Explains the training procedures used with video downloads and FAQ.
- Non-profit organization training and providing dogs to undertake a range of tasks, including opening doors and retrieving dropped objects. Includes donation details.
Canine Companions for Independence
- Explains the training programme, puppy raising and how to apply for a dog. Details of the areas covered and how to donate.
Canine Partners of the Rockies
- Raises, trains and places service dogs with mobility limited Colorado residents and educates the public about the role assistance dogs play in the lives of people with disabilities.
Canine Support Teams
- A California based non-profit organization that provides specially trained dogs to people with disabilities other than blindness. Includes clients stories, images and press details.
Canines for Disabled Kids
- A national nonprofit organization based in Princeton, MA. that trains a variety of dogs to help children who are deaf or physically disabled.
- Organization providing assistance dogs to people with disabilities and facility dogs to retirement centers. Information on the types, photographs of strays up for adoption, success stories, and location at Pleasant Plain, Ohio.
Companion and Service Dogs Ring
- Webring for working and service dogs.
East Coast Assistance Dogs (ECAD)
- Raises, trains, and places dogs with disabled individuals. Also works with emotional service dogs for facilities such as hospitals and nursing homes and for individual homes. Application, donation information, and a calendar of events.
Eye Dog Foundation for the Blind
- Provides trained German Shepherd guide dogs to the blind and visually impaired. View puppy raising details with images and facts about the dogs. Based in Bakersfield, CA.
Fidos for Freedom, Inc.
- Provides trained service, hearing, and therapy dogs to the Baltimore, Washington, community. Donation form, photos, and a donation wish list.
Hypo ALert Oz Service Dogs
- Non-profit charity that trains and places hypo alert dogs with suitable diabetic applicants. Explains how the dogs work with research details and examples of their dogs.
International Association of Assistance Dog Partners
- A non-profit, cross-disability organization representing people partnered with guide, hearing, and service dogs.
k9assistance by Caesar
- Caesar is a trained assistance dog (Golden Retriever)from Dogs for the Disabled in UK. Detailing his life with his wheelchair using companion.
- Non-profit organization dedicated to the training and placement of assistance dogs to individuals with disabilities. Has working teams and puppy raisers in several states. Includes information on programs and assistance dog etiquette. Washington, Kansas.
- Learn about Lucy, a chocolate Labrador service dog for the disabled; also photos and links to service dog websites.
- An organization that provides service and hearing dogs nationally.
New Horizons Service Dogs, Inc.
- Non-profit Florida-based organization that partners trained dogs with disabled handlers.
Pacific Assistance Dogs Society
- PADS is a non-profit organization that trains assistance dogs for people with disabilities other than blindness, e.g. mobility impaired, agility impaired, and hearing impaired.
Power Paws Assistance Dogs
- Dedicated to empowering people with disabilities for greater independence through the use of skilled service dogs, home helpmates, social dogs, and therapy dogs.
Service Dog Certification of America
- Explains what a service dog is and the work involved, how to qualify for a dog and how to apply to certification within the US.
Service Dog Sponsor
- Details of how to sponsor an individual service dog team with information, sponsorship forms and details of their work. U.S based.
- Mailing list for handlers of service dogs and any other interested persons involved with service dogs, including guide, hearing, assistance, and seizure/alert dogs.
Service Dogs and More
- Information, education, and first-person experience with service dogs. Includes an email list and details of teamwork books.
Support Dogs, Inc.
- Non-profit agency founded in 1981 and based in St. Louis Missouri. Trains and places service and therapy dogs. History, events, policies, programs, newsletters, and photos.
Susquehanna Service Dogs
- Service dog training organization located in Pennsylvania. Also contains links to other organizations and training information.
Texas Hearing and Service Dogs
- Texas organization that trains and places service and hearing dogs. Links, FAQs, and information on their organization and others.
The United States Service Dog Registry
- A free registration service and look up facility of service dogs throughout the USA. Includes an explanation of the types of service dogs and their work undertaken.
Wolf Packs: Service Dog Directory
- Lists organizations, mailing lists, and training schools.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 20, 2014 at 11:35:06 UTC -