become an editor
the entire directory
only in Disabled/Organizations
Cerebral Palsy Organizations
Disabled American Vets
Handicapped Encounter Christ
This category in other languages:
- Organization dedicated to assisting individuals of all abilities and their families in achieving their personal goals and in reaching their maximum potential.
American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Information to aid in the understanding and treatment of the developmental, behavioral, and mental disorders that affect children and adolescents.
American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD)
- An international association that promotes progressive policies, sound research, effective practices, and universal human rights for people with intellectual disabilities.
Association of University Centers on Disabilities
- A network of interdisciplinary centers advancing policy and practice for and with individuals with developmental and other disabilities, their families, and communities.
The Council on Quality and Leadership
- Providing accreditation, monitoring, evaluation, training, and consultation to human service organizations. Publications, resources, conference information, news, research, service descriptions, and newsletters.
- An all volunteer nonprofit organization devoted to aiding people with disabilities and who are also in need.
Disability Advocates, Inc.
- Protects and advances the rights of adults and children who have disabilities so that they can freely exercise their own life choices. Includes a list of active programs. New York based.
Disability Organizations Network On-line Database
- Lists organizations for joint projects, traineeships, study visits, international conferences, research projects, and funding.
- Produces and distributes information to empower Greeks with disabilities with the appropriate technical knowledge and skills to manage their needs and to reconstruct their lives. Collection of disability and rehabilitation related articles and books in Greek language.
- Nonprofit, community-based health agency dedicated to helping children and adults with disabilities attain greater independence. Features news, information on services, volunteer and job opportunities.
- Works to enable people with physical disabilities to achieve maximum independence, choice and inclusion in their communities.
Enable New Zealand
- Providing information services, disability equipment, suppliers, as well as research and links to related web sites.
Equal Ability Ltd
- Providing consulting, training and other resources to organizations wishing to understand their responsibilities under the Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
Group for Solicitors with Disabilities
- Works to bring to the fore the abilities and aspirations of solicitors with disabilities.
- Focuses on promoting the integration of all individuals, including those with disabilities, into all aspects of education, work, family, and community life.
- A United Kingdom national provider of individually tailored services, including supported living, respite and residential care, and community support, for adults with diverse and complex special needs or disabilities.
Mobility International USA (MIUSA)
- Empowers people with disabilities around the world through international exchange, information, technical assistance and training, and to ensure the inclusion of people with disabilities in international exchange and development programs.
National Benevolent Association
- Provides care and services to abused and neglected children, older adults, people with developmental disabilities, and other persons in need. Division of Social and Health Services of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
- A program designed to improve access, independence, and quality of life for individuals with disabilities. Provide recreation possibilities that offer mastery over physical skills and provide a means to access sports and recreation and reduce stress.
Orthotic and Prosthetic Assistance Fund, Inc.
- Enables individuals with physical disabilities - especially those served by members of the orthotics and prosthetics community - to enjoy the rewards of personal achievement, physical fitness, and social interaction.
Return 2 Work
- Providing education training and placement to disabled Americans to allow them to return to work.
- A not-for-profit association assisting people with disabilities so they can live fully integrated lives in their own communities. Based in the northern suburb of Lawnton, Queensland, Australia.
- Parent-directed organization that exists to increase independence, empowerment, and future opportunities for consumers with special needs, their families and communities, through training, information, referral and support.
World Institute on Disability
- Dedicated to promoting independence and societal inclusion of people with disabilities. Includes publications, programs and events.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 10, 2014 at 7:05:04 UTC -