become an editor
the entire directory
only in Disabled/Independent_Living
Open Directory - Society: Disabled: Independent Living
Society: Disabled: Universal Design
Society: Issues: Disabilities: Accessibility
Association of Programs for Rural Independent Living
- A national network of rural independent living centers, other programs, and individuals concerned with the unique aspects of rural independent living. APRIL is an advocate for increased funding and policy changes to improve rural disability services.
Centers for Independent Living Web Sites
- Links to centers and resources for the United States and Canada.
Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities
- A housing initiative designed to provide information and technical assistance on affordable housing issues to people with disabilities, their families, advocates, and service providers across the United States.
- A web-zine dedicated to advancing an exchange of information and research about the international independent living movement of people with disabilities.
Family Village--Independent Living Resources
- Links to papers on Independent Living philosophy and lists of Independent Living Centers.
IMPACT Center for Independent Living
- A site to preserve and promote the rich history and philosophy of the independent living movement.
Independent Living Canada
- An umbrella organization supporting local independent living resource centres (ILRCs), formerly known as Canadian Association of Independent Living Centres (CAILC). Association profile, FAQs, listings.
Independent Living Research Utilization
- Information, training, research and technical assistance in independent living.
Independent Living USA
- Resource for individuals with disabilities, their families, providers of services, Independent Living centers, and professionals.
Institute on Independent Living
- Promotes the opportunities of persons with disabilities to gain more personal and political power, self-determination, full participation and equality, both in Sweden and internationally through educational activities.
Judith Creed Homes for Adult Independence
- A non-profit organization that offers a variety of housing and support services for people with developmental dissabilities. Covers Philadelphia areas.
National Council on Independent Living (NCIL)
- A membership organization that advances the independent living philosophy and advocates for the human rights of, and services for, people with disabilities to further their full integration and participation in society.
National Home of Your Own Alliance
- Funded by the Administration on Developmental Disabilities to promote opportunities for people with disabilities to own and control their homes.
Rebuilding Together with Christmas in April
- This national nonprofit free of charge rehabilitates homes for low-income homeowners, particularly the elderly and those with disabilities.
The San Diego Regional Center (SDRC)
- Supports people with disabilities and families in San Diego and Imperial Counties, California, who wish to use individualized funding to purchase their own services and supports. Project information, principles, hotline, and resources.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 26, 2012 at 23:59:25 UTC -