become an editor
the entire directory
only in Disabled/Disability_Studies
Science: Social Sciences
Society: Disabled: Statistics
This category in other languages:
Barbara Robertson's Disability Research Resources
- On-line resources for disability research from a socio-political perspective, and the emerging interdisciplinary field of Disability Studies.
A Bibliography for Parents and Students
- Bibliography on residential care, community integration, and leisure for developmentally disabled persons. A resource for parents, students, and researchers.
Canadian Centre on Disability Studies
- A consumer-directed, university-affiliated centre involved in research and education on disability issues. Committed to fostering a spirit of collaboration between the disability and academic communities and other interested parties on initiatives of mutual interest and benefit nationally and internationally.
Center for Disabilities
- Focuses on academic and community training, technical assistance, research, and information dissemination as they relate to people with developmental disabilities. University of South Dakota.
Center for Disability Studies
- A Hawaii University program to promote improved quality of life for persons with disabilities through core functions of interdisciplinary training, research, service, and dissemination of products and promising practices.
Centre for Disability Studies
- An interdisciplinary centre for teaching and research in the field of disability studies at the University of Leeds. (England)
Certification of Disability Management Specialists Commission (CDMSC)
- Disability management as defined by the Certification of Disability Management Specialists Commission is the practice of providing preventive and remedial services to minimize the impact and cost of disability and to enhance the client's productivity.
Developmental Disability and Mental Retardation Research
- Laboratory aims at medical,sociological and educational research of developmental disabilities-mental retardation with chromosomal abnormality,autistic disorders,physical developmental disorders,intoxication.
Disability History Museum
- Promotes understanding about the historical experience of people with disabilities by recovering, chronicling, and interpreting their stories.
Disability Research Institute
- A national resource fostering high quality research, dissemination of information, and training and education related to disability policy. (Illinois)
Disability Social History Project
- Disability civil rights movement, other important events and people with disabilities in history, and the representation of disabled people in the mass media throughout time.
Disability Studies at Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
- Graduate Certificate and Undergraduate Courses in Disability Studies. A course of studies exploring the historical, cultural and socio-political challenges and accomplishments of the disability community and culture.
Disability Studies Programs in North America
- A continuously updated list of programs which deal in some way with the cultural and political determinants of the disability experience.
Every Contact Counts
- A Disability awareness and customer service training program for medical facilities. Offers problem based learning to promote patient centered care.
Institute on Disability / UAP - Durham, NH
- Provides information to improve knowledge, policy, and practice related to including people with disabilities.
Institute on Disability Culture
- Promoting pride in the history, activities, and cultural identity of individuals with disabilities throughout the world.
National Center for the Dissemination of Disability Research
- Activities are in the areas of research , demonstration, dissemination and utilization and technical assistance.
National Communication Association's Caucus on Disability Issues
- Encourages quality scholarship on issues concerning disability and communication.
National Rehabilitation Information Center
- Collects and disseminates the results of federally funded research projects to anyone who is interested in disability and rehabilitation.
New Paradigm of Disability Bibliography
- An annotated resource introducing and explaining the social and civil rights perspective of disability.
Pacific Rim Conference on Disabilities
- Persons with disabilities, family members, researchers, and service providers join policy-makers and nationally recognized speakers in the field of disabilities to participate in the conference.
- Expansive writing on topics relating to the disabled, their relationship with the community, and institutionalization vs de-institutionalization.
Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin
- Journal that features articles important to rehabilitation counseling practitioners in counseling, education, or research settings. Substantial archive access.
Research and Training Center on Rural Rehabilitation Services
- RTC:Rural strives to improve the ability of rural Americans with disabilities to live independently in their own communities. Researchers focus on employment, independent living, health, accessible transportation and telecommunications. (Montana)
The Review of Disability Studies
- This International journal focuses on disability research and education. Features articles, essays, and bibliographies relating to the culture of disability.
Society for Disability Studies
- A nonprofit scientific and educational organization established to promote interdisciplinary research on humanistic and social scientific aspects of disability and chronic illness.
- ADA consultants define and create strategies for accessible designs and concepts to complete the Utilitarian Design Theory.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 12, 2014 at 5:24:09 UTC -