become an editor
the entire directory
only in Assistive_Technology/Resource_Directories
Shopping: Health: Disabilities: Assistive Technology
Society: Disabled: Directories
- Searchable database of 19,000 assistive technology products. Site maintained for the National Institute of Disability Rehabilitation Research of the U.S. Department of Education.
- Guide to adaptive equipment and alternative methods available for accessing computers.
AGIS Network (AssistGuide Information Services)
- Information and directory of long-term care and disability products and services vendors.
- Online information on assistive technologies, adaptive environments and community resources.
Closing the Gap
- Resource directory for hardware, software and organizations for special education and rehabilitation.
Family Village Accessibility Shopping Mall
- Links to vendors, manufacturers and other useful resources for adaptive technology and products.
A Glass Half Full
- Information to help people with a sitting disability or with the need to use a computer in bed.
Independent Living Centre
- Features a large showroom of products and equipment available for testing and review. Assists in selecting appropriate products prior to purchase.
- Free virtual keyboard software for individuals who are unable to use a standard computer keyboard but can use a pointing device like a mouse.
The Low Vision Gateway
- Resources for finding low vision information, equipment and services on the Internet.
- Links to sources of e-books, audio books, paper books, and devices to help disabled and blind readers.
- Discusses the types of assistive technology currently available, and helps parents decide which ones are appropriate for their child.
Silver Cross Lift Guide
- Information to assist in selecting a recycled or new stair lift, home elevator, ceiling lift or mobility device.
- Offers stairlift questions and answers. Includes equipment reviews and comparison.
- Equipment information for people with disabilities, their caregivers and healthcare providers. Includes reviews and articles on wheelchairs and cushions.
Workplace Accommodation Toolkit
- Offers a comprehensive categorization of disabilities with definitions and assistive product listings.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 25, 2015 at 21:08:39 UTC -