become an editor
the entire directory
only in Disabled/Assistive_Technology
Open Directory - Society: Disabled: Assistive Technology
Arts: Television: Programs: Documentaries: Freedom Machines
Business: Healthcare: Products and Services: Disability
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Disability: Assistive Technology
This category in other languages:
Adaptive Technology Resource Centre
- Dedicated to the development, evaluation and application of valid, reliable and sensitive outcome measure tools. Research, consultation, events, and online resources.
Alliance for Technology Access
- A network of community-based Resource Centers, Developers and Vendors, Affiliates, and Associates dedicated to providing information and support services to children and adults with disabilities, and increasing their use of standard, assistive, and information technologies.
Assistive Technology Industry Association
- Association of manufacturers and vendors selling technology-based assistive devices for people with disabilities, or providing services associated with or required by people with disabilities.
Association for the Advancement of Assistive Technology in Europe
- Stimulates the advancement of assistive technology for the benefit of persons with disabilities, including elderly people.
- An organization dedicated to expanding the accessibility of tools, resources and technology to enhance the quality of life of people with disabilities.
- Publishes the newsletters Augmentative Communication News (ACN) and Alternatively Speaking (AS), which provide information on hot topics in the field, discussion of vital issues for AAC stakeholders, and news from the AAC community.
- Offers free news, articles, product reviews and vendor information about assistive technology devices.
BATS (Blind Audio Tactile Mapping System)
- Research project at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill to investigate means of creating and distributing maps that are accessible to the visually impaired.
Better Living Through Technology
- Provides impartial information and ideas on the use of assistive technology to assist people with disabilities.
Center for Applied Special Technology
- Opportunities for individuals with disabilities through the development of and innovative uses of technology.
Center on Disabilities
- Conference proceedings online
Family Guide to Assistive Technology
- Helps parents learn more about assistive technology and how it can help their children. Includes tips for getting started, ideas about where to look for money, and suggestions for what to do when applying for funding.
Illinois Assistive Technology Project
- Offers funding information, assistance, training, newsletters, and demonstration center.
John Williams' Assistive Technology Column
- Critiques of the new technologies and products that help the disabled to realize their potential as successful, productive employees.
- Promotes the appropriate use of technology for students with disabilities in school programs.
Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America
- RESNA is an interdisciplinary association of people with a common interest in technology and disability.
Rehabilitation Engineering Research Center on Technology Transfer
- Advances methods, technologies and products, through collaboration with all stakeholders to improve assistive technology devices and services.
Science Access Project
- Develops methods for making science, math, and engineering information accessible to people with print disabilities.
Washington Assistive Technology Alliance
- WATA provides information, referrals, consultation, and training.
Usenet alt.education.disabled -
Usenet wash.assistive-tech -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 11, 2013 at 16:15:05 UTC -