become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arts/Music
This category in other languages:
Alternatives in Music
- Produces documentaries about differently-abled musicians. Includes featured artists, video clips and how to purchase their music.
- "The Man behind the Stix," a drummer born with Cerebral Palsy living in Sydney, Australia.
Arts For Healing, Inc.
- A non-profit corporation dedicated to providing creative arts therapy services and programs for people with special needs.
- A comprehensive list of blind musicians in all genres and styles. Includes portfolios.
Canadian Association for Music Therapy
- Promotes awareness, use and development of music therapy in order to maximize health and well-being. (Canada)
Coalition for Disabled Musicians, Inc.
- CDM, Inc. is a non-profit, self-help organization dedicated to assisting disabled musicians to pursue their musical aspirations. Our local site is on Long Island, NY and offers a National Referral Service for disabled musicians worldwide.
- Singer songwriter from Rochester, NY who performs music inspired by her experience with autism and love for her autistic son.
Disabled Drummers Association
- Dedicated to serving drummers with disabilities and helping them to be a positive part of the music industry, as well as to help change the way the disabled musicians are viewed and treated in the industry today.
Flutelab ergonomy and adaptations
- Ergonomical aspects of flutes and many adaptations of wind instruments for people with disabilities. Large photo archive. Company is in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- A website for disabled drummers. Offers drummer profile pages, articles, product information, and links.
Leanne Hoeft Music Therapy
- Private music therapy practice providing services for individuals with special needs. Canada based.
- Provides piano and guitar lessons and therapeutic support to people with learning disabilities. Includes lesson details. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Metro Music Therapy
- A private music therapy practice with an emphasis on working in collaboration with therapists and professionals (Glendale, Colorado)
- A group of musicians, with and without impairments based in Leeds, UK. Offers music downloads, workshop details and a concert diary.
- Private music therapy practice providing individual and group therapy for those with special needs as well as music lessons. Based in Nashville, Tennessee.
Ossia Music Services
- North Carolina based and offering in-home music therapy and lessons for all ages and abilities. Highlights the therapy sessions and how they help speech and language development.
The Rhythmic Arts Project
- Nashville based drumming workshops for disabled people conducted nationwide through TRAP, a non-profit organization founded by drummer Eddie Tuduri. Includes audio examples.
Sam Leopold, Music Specialist
- Multi-instrumentalist with large repertoire, entertaining, teaching, and aiding in self-expression through music. Focusing on elderly homes, group homes and day-rehabilitation programs for people with disabilities.
- Highlighting a system that enables a visually impaired person to compose electronic music solely based on the MIDI-keyboard with no screen viewing, typing or mouse control necessary.
- Successful toe-pickin' guitar player and vocalist. Born without arms and a club foot, the sound of hope and courage to the world.
Van Gogh - Atlanta-based band
- Psychedelia, rock'n'roll, pop, funk and more from the band lead by the Heisner brothers Robby and Ricky from their super-fast, eye-popping, yellow and black, racing striped powered wheelchairs.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 18, 2014 at 3:45:22 UTC -