become an editor
the entire directory
only in Suicide/Morality
Open Directory - Society: Death: Suicide: Morality
Assisted Suicide Is Bootleg Suicide, By Thomas Szasz
- Bootlegging is likely to occur whenever a law prohibits a human need strong enough to incite people to satisfy it, even at considerable economic cost and personal risk.
Book Review: Fatal Freedom
- The book defends autonomy and liberty by speaking out for the right to suicide.
Is There a Duty to Die?
- By John Hardwig, Professor and Head, Department of Philosophy, University of Tennessee.
Kevorkian Lies, and Suicide by Thomas S. Szasz
- Szasz objects to physician-assisted suicide which makes suicide a medical issue rather than a moral one.
Metapsychology Online Book Reviews - Fatal Freedom
- In-depth book review.
Morality of Suicide
- Why, if at all, is it morally unacceptable for one to bring about one's own death? Considers the views of Hume, Kant and Utilitarianism.
- Suicide and the absurd. Contrasting the views of Albert Camus and Thomas Nagel.
- From Dr. Ezio Vailati's course on Ethics.
Suicide and the Immortality of the Soul
- The Complete 1783 Edition of David Hume's Essays.
Suicide: A Civil Right
- From the Antipsychiatry Coalition.
Summa Theologica II-II, 64, 5
- Is it lawful to kill oneself? By St. Thomas Aquinas.
The Ethical Debate
- Chapter 5 from "When Death is Sought - Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia in the Medical Context". A comprehensive historical and philosophical survey.
The Murder of Oneself
- A critical overview of ethical issues involved in suicide.
The Right to Suicide by Patty Fleener M.S.W.
- There should be no right to commit suicide, since suicidal people are not their real selves.
The complete works of Robert Green Ingersoll
- Includes five sections of his views on suicide.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, December 25, 2009 3:56:39 AM EST -