become an editor
the entire directory
only in Europe/United_Kingdom
Society: Death: Death Care: Funeral Services: Europe: United Kingdom
- In Stoke Newington, London, a woodland memorial park and Local Nature Reserve, managed by the Abney Park Trust.
Arnos Vale Cemetery
- Charitable trust managing a Victorian cemetery in Bristol. Site offers news, diaries of events and tours and information on significant monuments and restoration projects.
Bexley Borough Council
- Managers of Bexleyheath, Erith, Hillview and Sidcup cemeteries. Site gives information on opening times, fees, regulations, grave maintenance and genealogy search services.
Birdsong Green Burial
- A green burial site in the East Midlands. Prices, casket catalogue, and related links included.
Breach Farm Woodland Burial Ground
- Offering information about a peaceful resting place, located on hillside overlooking the Bourne Valley near Andover in Hampshire.
Brocklands Woodland Burial
- A privately-owned woodland burial site in the Yorkshire Dales, offering alternative, environmentally friendly burials for people of all faiths. History and philosophy, services, photographs, price list, and local maps provided.
- Official site of the Surrey-based management company. Contains brief history, photographs of the various sections, price list, grave search request form with online payment facility.
The Brookwood Cemetery Society
- Site for the Friends' group. A guide to events held in the Surrey cemetery, its history and notable people buried there.
Carlisle Cemetery and Crematorium
- Site offers photographs and information on the current state of the cemetery and crematorium.
City of London Cemetery and Crematorium
- London's second largest cemetery. Information on current burial and cremation services and genealogy research.
Colney Woodland Burial Park
- Green burial site on the edge of Norwich. General information, descriptions of services, FAQs, events and contact details available.
Crossways Woodland Burials
- A rural burial site located in Devon, southwest UK. Includes information about the site and prices.
Croydon Borough Council
- Managers of Mitcham Road Cemetery and Crematorium, Greenlawn Memorial Park, Croydon and Queen's Road Cemeteries. Site gives addresses and opening hours.
Flaybrick Cemetery Memorial Gardens
- Victorian cemetery on the Wirral. Site provides information on its history, significant interments, natural history and Friends' group.
Ford Park Cemetery Trust
- Charity which maintains a Victorian cemetery in Plymouth. Site covers news and overview of development efforts, services and prices, history and notable graves.
Friends of Arnos Vale Cemetery
- Promoting appreciation of this historic Bristol heritage cemetery. Information on tours, conservation work, pictures.
Friends of Beckett Street Cemetery
- Leeds-based group preserving a Victorian cemetery. History, small photo gallery and advice on grave searches.
Friends of Kensal Green Cemetery
- Organisation involved in conserving the cemetery, offering guided tours, and purchase of book on its history in Kensal Green.
Friends of Mendip Hospital Cemetery
- Somerset group restoring and preserving the burial ground. Includes news, events, information on volunteering, history, pictures and links page.
Friends of Nature Burial Ground
- Cheshire company offering environmentally conscious burials. Includes services offered, prices, pictures and testimonials.
Friends of Nunhead Cemetery
- Promoting the appreciation of this historic London cemetery. Information on tours, conservation work, gallery of pictures.
Friends Of Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park
- Victorian London cemetery now transformed into a wildlife park; information on history, flora and fauna, Friends' activities.
Friends of West Norwood Cemetery
- Friends group for this Victorian London cemetery. Details of newsletters, publications and events.
- Maintain graves in the Northamptonshire, Buckinghamshire and Bedfordshire area.
- Grave maintenance and tending service in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire.
Green Lane Burial Field
- A natural burial ground in Mid-Wales providing environmentally friendly burials to people of any faith. Information on the concept of green burials.
- Official site of the Friends' group. Includes history, aims of the Friends, location and opening times.
Highgate Cemetery - The Sexton's Tales
- The Sexton's Tales, the award-winning biographical tour of London's Highgate Cemetery. Includes the A-Z of tombstone art.
International Jewish Cemetery Project - London
- A guide to Jewish cemeteries in London: owners, hours of opening, locations.
Kensal Green Cemetery
- One of London’s oldest and most distinguished public burial grounds. Includes history and information about famous interments.
London Borough of Brent
- Managers of Alperton, Carpenders Park, Paddington and Willesden New Cemeteries. Contact information, opening hours, services available and fees. Guide to family history searches.
London Borough of Bromley
- Managers of Biggin Hill, Bromley Hill, Chislehurst, Plaistow, St. Luke's and St. Mary Cray Cemeteries. Guides to registering a death and buying a grave, civil funerals, fees, genealogy searches.
London Borough of Greenwich
- Managers of Charlton, Greewich, Plumstead and Woolwich Cemeteries and Eltham Cemetery and Crematorium. Site offers location maps, fee schedule and guides to selecting a memorial and maintaining graves.
London Borough of Southwark
- Information on Nunhead, Camberwell Old and Camberwell New Cemeteries, history and contact details. Also offers advice on how to arrange a burial.
- Traces the history and current status of the numerous pre-twentieth century burial grounds throughout London.
London's Victorian Garden Cemeteries
- A guide for visitors to London's older cemeteries.
Nature Reserve Burial Ground
- Natural burial ground on the Warwickshire/Oxfordshire border, offering coffin burial and interment of cremated remains in a nature reserve of native woodland and wild flower meadow. Details of services offered and price list.
New Southgate Cemetery and Crematorium
- North London private company founded in 1861. History of the cemetery and areas set aside for specific religious and ethnic groups, guide to burial, cremation and memorial services, fees, and remembrance events.
- Site offers an index of burials in the cemetery, and extracts from related historical documents.
Northumbrian Woodland Burials
- Offers information about Bockenfield Woods and the plans, pricing and a list of Funeral Directors who are interested in the concept of Green Burials.
Nottingham City Council
- Information on municipal cemeteries and closed churchyards. Site covers locations, opening times and history.
Oldham Metropolitan Borough Council
- Bereavement services from Lancashire local authority. Includes information on cemetery locations, civil funeral ceremonies, buying a grave, choosing a headstone and memorial safety.
Pilgrim Grave Tending Services
- Provides grave maintenance and monumental memorial masonry services throughout the United Kingdom. Online price and discount list available.
Saffron Hill Cemetery
- Gives detailed description of Leicester City Council burial ground and its history, plus link to cemetery office contact details and charges.
Sheffield General Cemetery
- Friends' group for Victorian cemetery. Features include history, current status and future plans, famous burials, flora and fauna, and diary of events.
St James' Cemetery, Liverpool
- Site contains information about the history of the cemetery, those buried there, the Friends' group, photographs, 3D walkthrough tour and searchable database of burials.
Tarn Moor Memorial Woodland
- Eco-friendly green burial site for people and pets located in Skipton, North Yorkshire Dales. Maintenance, prices, location, and layout detailed.
Victorian London Cemeteries
- Large collection of links relating to death and burial records in London, and cemetery history and management.
Victorian London Cemeteries
- Article on the establishment of public burial grounds in London, together with list of cemeteries.
Woodland and Wildlife Conservation Company Green Burials
- Company offers environmentally-friendly burials at Herongate Wood, Essex. Photo gallery, price list and downloadable brochure.
- Victorian cemetery in northern England. Includes history, diary of tours and other events, ecology and current burial facilities.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 18, 2014 at 17:58:46 UTC -