the entire directory
only in Society/Death
Folklore and Funeral Customs
Grief, Loss and Bereavement
Near Death Experiences
News and Media
Health: Mental Health: Grief, Loss and Bereavement: Support Groups
Recreation: Humor: Celebrities: Dead Pools
Science: Biology: Cryobiology: Cryonics
Society: Religion and Spirituality
This category in other languages:
BellaOnline Life Clock
- Online quiz yields estimated life span according to various factors.
- Articles on how to deal with death and suicide, and how to communicate with others about serious illness.
Brain Injury and Brain Death Resources
- A resource including the Japanese controversy, diagnosing, persistent vegetative state and religious views.
- Funeral director from Reynolds, Georgia, available as a public speaker on the lighter side of being a small town undertaker.
Dead or Alive?
- Lists famous people and whether they are dead or alive.
Death and Dying
- The process from a Buddhist perspective.
Death in Cyberspace
- A social and cultural analysis of the development of funeral and mourning practices on the internet.
- Lifespan calculator uses published global life expectancy statistics.
Death, Life and the Question of Identity
- Explores the way identity is affected by the inevitability of death.
Death: Anytime coming soon
- Thoughts on death from Osho, a mystic.
Encyclopedia of Death and Dying
- Covers all aspects of death and dying - biological, medical, social, sociological, psychological, religious, and philosophical.
Epitaphs for Free
- A collection by Nicholas Gordon.
- List of well-known people with cause of death.
Is there Death after Life?
- Asks if death is a key unlocking the door to a mystical afterlife, saying God has the answer.
Kearl's Guide to Sociological Thanatology
- Articles and resources about the sociology of death and dying.
Last Meals by R. A. Barrington: Celebrate Your Freedom
- R. A. Barrington essay compares and contrasts the experiences of death-row prisoners with the prospect of death by terrorism.
Life after Death
- Considers various evidence for and against the existence of an afterlife.
Life in the World Unseen
- E-book recounts life in the spirit world as received through mediums.
New Englander and Yale Review - "Euthanasia: The Pleasures of Dying"
- An 1891 journal article by E. P. Buffet, M. D., asserting that death is painless and not to be feared.
Roadside America - Pet Cemetery
- A listing of offbeat pet cemeteries in the United States. Includes morbid facts.
- A repository of morbid curiosities.
The Temple of Azrael
- Virtual memorial to the Arch-Angel Azrael, with cemetery photos.
Usenet alt.obituaries -
Usenet alt.society.funerary -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 10, 2015 at 19:00:11 UTC -