become an editor
the entire directory
only in Identity_Theft/Phishing
Computers: Security: Internet
Society: Issues: Fraud: Internet
Anti-Phishing Working Group
- Cross-industry global group supporting those tackling the phishing menace. Provides advice on anti-phishing controls and information on current trends.
Bank Safe Online
- Advice from a UK banking industry group about phishing, money mules and Trojans.
- Free anti-phishing browser toolbar and embedded link checking software alerts the user if it detects phishing and related risks. Commercial products offer mutual authentication of websites and users.
- Provider of X.509 digital certificates to authenticate genuine website contents, giving consumers greater confidence that they are not interacting with fake websites run by phishers.
- TrustWatch provides free anti-phishing toolbar and browser extensions that identify dubious sites in Google search results.
- Free anti-phishing software for Internet Explorer uses fraudulent site reports submitted by users to build a global blacklist.
Green Armor Solutions
- Sells Identity Cues software to help users recognize fake websites through visual reminders linked to user login details.
- Site Advisor anti-phishing toolbar plus free limited-functionality version.
- Information about phishing scams.
- Browser toolbar to report and block phishing sites identified by the toolbar user community. Identifies in which countries websites are hosted as further clues to their authenticity.
- Phishing section of an informational website run by the US Federal Trade Commission. Advises consumers on how to spot, avoid and report phishing attacks. Free phishing awareness videos.
- Phishing-related news from the financial services industry.
- Provides general phishing information and prevention tips.
- Clearing house for information on phishing sites reported by the public plus an open API to integrate the data into anti-phishing applications.
- Archive of tens of thousands of scam emails in five categories, with advice on avoidance and reporting.
Spoof Email Tutorial
- Explains how scammers trick people into thinking they're being contacted by eBay.
US-CERT Cyber Security Tip on Preventing and Responding to Identity Theft
- Straightforward advice for those who fall prey to phishing and similar attacks.
- Explains common phishing methods and dangers. Lots of references.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 9, 2014 at 9:35:07 UTC -