become an editor
the entire directory
only in Sex_Offenses/News_and_Media
News and Media
Open Directory - Society: Crime: Sex Offenses: News and Media
Society: Crime: News and Media
Atheism, Christian Theism, and Rape
- Atheism, Christian Theism, and Rape by Michael Martin.
Child Pornography Articles and Media Reports
- Articles and media reports related to Child Pornography investigations, trials and related issues in the U.S. and internationally.
Clergy, Abuse, and Jail Time
- Christian Science Monitor article on the percentage of offenders that see jailtime and why they're hard to convict.
A Question of Abuse
- What followed for the Diamonds was a nightmare, executed by a system so zealous to protect children from perceived sexual abuse that it may fracture their families and crush their spirits in the process.
ResearchWire: Megan's Law
- The Web's impact on information occasionally sparks controversy. Privacy advocates, for example, challenge existing public records laws that fail to address, or clearly allow, making personal data available via Web sites.
Scotland rules out Sarah's Law
- Violent sex offenders in Scotland face lifelong supervision by the police and social services in an overhaul of the country's criminal justice system unveiled today.
Take Back The News - Break The Silence
- A project of stories collected from survivors of sexual violence to expose how rape is under-represented and mis-represented in mainstream media.
Victim's Rights Abuse Protest
- Initiated by Raelyn Campbell in an effort to raise awareness of and improve the treatment of victims of sex crime in Japan.
Victor Salva Update - Jeepers Creepers, 2000
- Read articles related to convicted child molester, Victor Salva's new film project, "Jeepers Creepers." Covers the controversy surrounding the use of Florida schools for filming of the movie.
Witch Hunt State Claims Another Victim
- Background information about false accusations of child sexual abuse.
Tales From the Dark Side
- New controversies over rape counseling in Tennessee. (September 28, 1998)
No Safe Place
- This is a companion site to the PBS documentary film which tells the stories of women who have been battered, assaulted, and raped, as well as the stories of the men who commit these crimes. (March 27, 1998)
- While electronic freedom fighters wage battles to protect our access to information on the Internet, who is watching to protect us from harassment by information on the Internet? by Frank Catalano. (March 12, 1998)
Stovall Backs 'Castration' Bill
- Kansas Attorney General Carla Stovall urged a Senate committee Friday to approve legislation that would allow the state to use "chemical castration" in an effort to prevent sex offenders from repeating their crimes. (February 21, 1998)
- Requires states to inform the public when a convicted sex offender considered a danger to the public is released from prison and settles in the neighborhood. (May 08, 1996)
Victor Salva - Child Molestor and Disney
- Three articles related to Disney's hiring of convicted child molestor, Victor Salva. (October 05, 1995)
Sex Predators Can't Be Saved
- There can be no dispute that monsters live among us. The only question is what to do with them once they become known to us. (January 05, 1993)
Rape Coverage: Shifting the Blame
- Rape, and in particular acquaintance rape, has become something of a human interest story-of-choice for mainstream newspaper editors recently. (April 01, 1991)
News and Media
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 18, 2013 at 11:52:22 UTC -