become an editor
the entire directory
only in Regional/United_States
Violence and Abuse
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture
Society: Issues: Crime and Justice
- Information for citizens organizing local Neighborhood Watch programs, recognizing and reporting suspicious activity including the detection of potential terrorist activity, and making preparedness a priority. From the National Sheriffs' Association and the Department of Justice.
Center for School Safety
- Information about school safety programs and how to foster safe environments.
- Empowering schools and neighborhoods to become more actively involved in reporting crimes. Includes testimonies and products.
Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design
- Includes training programs for law enforcement officers, city planners, city managers, architects and educators.
Crime Stoppers USA
- National group provides rewards for anonymous information leading to felony arrests. Includes news, programs, events and resources.
Crime Stoppers Wanted
- Presents a means for the citizens to provide details to law enforcement while remaining anonymous.
- Portal featuring statistics, most wanted, sex offenders, news, and law enforcement agencies.
Fight Crime: Invest in Kids
- Police chiefs, sheriffs, prosecutors, and survivors dedicated to combat violence. Contains presentations, reports and other resources for influencing public policy.
Impact Personal Safety
- Full-contact self-defense program, national class schedule, and affiliated programs.
McGruff Specialty Products Office
- Online catalog of safety and education materials, from the National Crime Prevention Council.
Mobile Neighborhood Watch Patrol
- Focused on building cooperation between government agencies, residents, and local businesses. Contains resources, links, and efforts.
Multi-State Crime Interdiction Unit
- Reducing your chances of becoming a victim through informative and educational safety seminars. Areas of interest include gangs, drugs, and weapons.
National Crime Prevention Council
- A non-profit educational group formed to address the causes of crime and violence and reduce the opportunities for crime to occur. Also provides an extensive library of crime-related facts and tips.
National Sheriffs' Association - Crime Prevention
- Sheriffs' local law enforcement crime prevention programs including neighborhood watch, child safety, crime watch and other NCPC and BJA efforts promoting homeland security
National White Collar Crime Center
- Nationwide training, research, and investigative support system for law enforcement and regulatory agencies involved in the prevention, investigation and prosecution of economic and high-tech crime.
- Increasing public awareness of the tactics and methods used by criminals. Tips, advice, and a free online monthly magazine.
Teens Against Graffiti
- Dedicated to combating the increasing graffiti problem, through education, prosecution and community clean ups.
Trayvon Martin Foundation
- A not-for-profit organization, creating awareness of how violent crime impacts the families of the victims.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 25, 2014 at 2:30:00 UTC -