the entire directory
only in Crime/Organized_Crime
Open Directory - Society: Crime: Organized Crime
Outlaw Biker Gangs
South American Theft Groups
Science: Social Sciences: Criminology
Society: Crime: Publications
Society: Issues: Crime and Justice: Gangs
Society: Law: Law Enforcement
This category in other languages:
Jack and Mae Nathanson Centre on Transnational Human Rights, Crime and Security
- Academic site featuring a searchable bibliographic database, articles on the evolving techniques of criminals and crime fighters, periodic newsletters, and a categorized collection of related links.
The American Mafia: Kefauver Committee Reports
- Full text of the interim and final reports of the U.S. Senate Special Committee to Investigate Organized Crime in Interstate Commerce, 1950-1951.
American Organized Crime
- Collection of articles on the U.S. Mafia and other elements of organized crime, focusing on New York and Chicago underworlds before and during Prohibition.
Asian Organized Crime in Australia
- A 1995 discussion paper by the Australian Parliamentary Joint Committee on the National Crime Authority. Paper deals with Chinese (Triads), Vietnamese and Japanese (Yakuza) ethnic criminal entities in Australia.
Black Market News
- Updates on organized crime from news sources around the world. Deals with black markets, government corruption, and inadequate government intervention.
FBI: Investigative Programs - Organized Crime
- The Bureau defines its Organized Crime Program. Discussions of transnational crime, regional/ethnic studies, applicable statutes (such as RICO) and case summaries.
- Jerry Capeci, longtime reporter and columnist with The New York Daily News, shares his perspective on organized crime. Histories of the regional crime families, weekly columns, biographies of underworld figures.
- Features a database of organized crime families and notable historic events, photographs, mugshots, newspaper clippings, and official documents
- Online discussion group for true crime writers, researchers. Site features a forum and polls. Forum message text is available as an RSS News Feed.
Havocscope Black Markets
- Provides information on worldwide trade in contraband. Covers organized crime activities and other outlawed revenue-generating activities.
International Association for the Study of Organized Crime
- Professional association founded in 1984 to promote understanding and research. Site contains member list, book reviews, news, links.
IPSN: Bill Roemer on Las Vegas Mobsters
- A former FBI agent's discussion of mob involvement in Sin City gambling.
Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project
- News, investigative reports and authoritative links related to outlaw organizations, terrorist groups and official corruption in Eastern Europe.
Organized Crime Research
- Articles, abstracts, book reviews and links with a focus on criminal organizations in the U.S. and in Germany.
Terrorism, Transnational Crime and Corruption Center
- Devoted to better understanding of crime scope and causes and to formulating policy to reduce the problem.
United Nations: Office on Drugs and Crime
- UNODC is mandated to assist member states in the struggle against illicit drugs, crime and terrorism. Overview of criminal activity and U.N. efforts to combat it, also regional assessments of West Africa and Central Asia.
Wikipedia: Albanian Mafia
- Article looks at ethnic Albanian organized crime groups, including New York's Rudaj gang.
Wikipedia: Herman K. Beebe
- Article on the reputed mob-affiliated banker linked to a dozen failed Savings and Loans.
Wikipedia: Jamaican Posse
- Article discusses the history and activities of this coalition of New York-based gangs.
Wikipedia: Organized Crime
- Article defines the topic, explores varieties of criminal rackets and the organizations engaged in them
NPR : Hidden Treasures: A Museum for the Mob
- Broadcast: Las Vegas's proposed organized crime museum draws criticism. (May 21, 2004)
Black Market News
- Updates on organized crime from news sources around the world. Deals with black markets, government corruption and inadequate government intervention. [Atom]
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 2, 2013 at 6:35:09 UTC -