become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Washington,_DC
Open Directory - Society: Activism: Regional: North America: United States: Washington, DC
Regional: North America: United States: Washington, DC: Society and Culture
American Civil Liberties Union - National Capital Area ACLU-NCA
- Non-profit, non-partisan organization devoted to ensuring free speech, equal rights, and other civil liberties. Features volunteer opportunities, events, membership information, recent legal actions and news.
Amnesty International 536 - Adams Morgan
- Dedicated to freeing prisoners of conscience, fair trials for political prisoners, ending torture, political killings and disappearances, and abolishing the death penalty. Features membership information, events and action information.
- Non-profit media organization supporting and reporting activism. Features articles, newswire, gallery and activist calendar.
DC Tenants Advocacy Coalition - TENAC
- Works to assist tenants through education, legal information, and lobbying for tenant legislation. Includes tenant's rights information, events, legislative action and volunteer information.
- Educational and advocacy organization dedicated to securing full voting representation in Congress for District residents. Features articles, membership information, volunteer opportunities, events and supporters.
Parents and Citizens Committee to Stop Medical Experimentation in D.C.
- Working to prevent the District from adopting legislation requiring that girls be vaccinated with Gardisil. Includes position paper.
- Promotes smoke-free environments. Includes news, fact sheets, membership information and a listing of smoke-free restaurants.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, March 5, 2013 1:05:08 PM EST -