become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Texas
Regional: North America: United States: Texas: Society and Culture
Crazy World of Michael Bluejay
- Includes information about bicycling, police misconduct, and genetically modified foods. Also lists activist groups, information about how email petitions are usually invalid, how to get off junk mail and telemarketing lists, 8 steps to fixing the US democracy, how to recycle anything including styrofoam, and a list of socially responsible stocks.
The Metropolitan Organization (TMO)
- An organization of congregations, schools and other institutions dedicated to developing power and leadership among citizens to transform democracy in the Houston metropolitan area.
Progressive Activism in Austin
- Includes immediate actions you can take, events and meetings, progressive organization listings, action alerts, places you can put up posters, and contact information for government officials and media.
Public Citizen - Texas State Office
- Explains issues as they pertain to Texas, such as global warming, electric deregulation, fair trade, food and product safety, pesticides, nuclear safety, and water. Also lists how you can take action on each issue.
Texas Criminal Justice Coalition (TCJC)
- Advocates for a more effective and fair system of criminal justice. Provides study document, organizing steps, and contact information.
- Bi-partisan advocacy organization against wealthy special interest lobbyists. Includes activist center with information about writing your legislator, writing a letter to the editor, sharing your story with the media, preparing testimony for a hearing, and preparing for a legislative visit or phone call. Also includes information about insurance, family safety, courts, and consumer law.
Third Coast Activist Resource Center
- A site to create and distribute educational resources about U.S. policy around the world, and (2) to strengthen the local activist network in Austin, Texas.
- Student-based watchdog group promotes campus democracy and access to higher education, with links to research and news, as well as local meetings and actions.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 17, 2007 at 23:37:05 UTC -