become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Maryland
Regional: North America: United States: Maryland: Society and Culture: Organizations
Regional: North America: United States: Maryland: Society and Culture: Politics
Society: Activism: Regional: North America: United States: Delaware
Society: Activism: Regional: North America: United States: Pennsylvania
Society: Activism: Regional: North America: United States: Virginia
Society: Activism: Regional: North America: United States: Washington, DC
American Friends Service Committee - Baltimore Program Office
- Local programs of the Quaker organization that promotes lasting peace with justice, as a practical expression of faith in action.
Baltimore City - Safe Streets
- Community mobilization and outreach program designed to combat shootings and homicides, based on Ceasefire Chicago (now Cure Violence).
Baltimore National Organization for Women
- Baltimore chapter of the national organization that advocates for women's equality.
Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault, Inc.
- "The statewide collective voice advocating for compassionate, accessible care for survivors of sexual crimes and accountability for all offenders." Site contains information about getting help, the group's projects, getting involved, news, and upcoming conferences.
Maryland Coalition Against State Executions (CASE)
- "A coalition of groups and individuals united to end the death penalty in Maryland through education, legislative action, and public demonstration." Includes Maryland death penalty information, why they oppose the death penalty, pending legislation, action calendar, and a list of member organizations.
Maryland Health Care Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Aimed at health care providors, it promotes "a proactive and effective response to domestic violence through screening, identification, education, intervention and treatment of domestic violence victims." Contains links to legislative information, laws, resources, and programs for physicians.
Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence (MNADV)
- As the Maryland state coalition, it works together with community groups and the twenty comprehensive domestic violence service providers in Maryland to provide consistent community responses to domestic violence. Contains overview of the group's programs and services, news, links, legislative information, and how to get help.
Usenet misc.activism.progressive -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 20, 2014 at 23:16:10 UTC -