become an editor
the entire directory
only in Nonviolence/Organizations
Open Directory - Society: Activism: Nonviolence: Organizations
Society: Issues: Peace
The Albert Einstein Institution
- Nonprofit organization advancing the study and use of strategic nonviolent action in conflicts throughout the world. Downloadable manuals and pamphlets in English, Spanish and Farsi.
Center for Nonviolent Communication
- Global organization helping people compassionately connect with one another through Nonviolent Communication, a process created by Marshall B Rosenberg, PhD. Training events, resources, program background, and contact information.
Deep Humanity Institute
- Creates workshops in community building, peacemaking and personal development in schools, workplace, and community environments. Provides a brief overview, founders' biographies, and programs offered.
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) - Humanitarian Assistance Programs
- A nonprofit organization committed to relieving human suffering and breaking the cycle of violence. Provides an overview, initiatives, and training information. Provides related links and post 9-11 work.
Fellowship of Reconciliation
- Sponsors conferences to educate and train nonviolent protesters. Opinion articles, group background, program and event descriptions, related links.
Flagstaff Center for Compassionate Communication
- Teaches the process of Nonviolent Communication, which strengthens the ability of people to connect compassionately with themselves and others, share resources, and resolve conflicts. Includes training and retreat schedule, newsletter, and contact information.
The Forgiveness Project
- Grassroots organisation working in conflict resolution, reconciliation and victim support. Features stories of forgiveness, news, and community involvement.
International Center on Nonviolent Conflict
- Advocates and promotes the use of nonviolent means to wage social and political conflict.
Irish Network for Nonviolent Action Training and Education (INNATE)
- Umbrella group to support groups and individuals exploring nonviolent approaches to conflict issues. Operates mainly in Northern Ireland, with a particular concentration in Belfast and associated groups in Belfast, Derry, Cork and Dublin. Includes background, news, and resources.
- Faith based community organizing nonviolent resistance to warmaking and support for Plowshares actions.
Karuna Center for Peacebuilding
- Offers training programs in conflict prevention, transformation and management, with a special focus on inter-communal dialogue and reconciliation. Goals, newsletter, publications, and programs.
Listening Project: Rural Southern Voice for Peace
- Organizing tool for nonviolent social change, especially useful in communities where conflict and disempowerment weakens efforts toward community development, justice, peace, or protecting the environment. Background, process, and application for training.
Mahatma Gandhi Canadian Foundation for World Peace
- Aims to share knowledge of Mahatma Gandhi's beliefs and philosophies. Includes a portal linking to nonviolence related sites.
Medical Association for Prevention of War, MAPW Australia
- Australian affiliate of International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War (IPPNW). Find newsletter, calendar, and current actions.
New York Metropolitan Martin Luther King, Jr. Center for Non-Violence
- Dedicated to King and his vision of a "Beloved Community" free of racism, violence, and poverty. Operates charter school, leadership workshops, and outreach programs that utilize Dr. King's philosophy and methodologies. Mission, programs, and mailing lists.
- International group encouraging nonviolent methods to bring about changes reflecting the values of justice and human development.
Oregon Network for Compassionate Communication
- Non-profit group provides resources for learning and practicing nonviolent communication and conflict resolution skills through educational events, community-building, and support. Includes news, workshop schedule, and presenter profiles.
The Peace Center
- Works for community peace and social justice. Provides a list of programs in the community, links to resources, and associated local organizations and events. Based in Langhorne, Pennsylvania.
Peace Learning Center
- A proactive force for transformation and positive change in the community through holistic peace education initiatives that enhance respect for self, others, and the environment.
Pikes Peak Justice and Peace Commission
- Facilitates growth toward justice and peace in themselves and others in the Pikes Peak community by providing alternative sources of information, facilitating formative experiences, and encouraging prophetic witness. Includes calendar of workshops and events, volunteer opportunities, and membership information.
Public Listening Project
- Provides information and training to people interested in using listening to help others explore attitudes towards the war in Iraq.
The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation
- A resource for people committed to spreading kindness. Freely provides a wide variety of materials, including activity ideas, lesson plans, project plans, teacher's guide, project planning guide, publicity guide, and workplace resources.
Resource Center for Nonviolence
- Promoting nonviolent social change locally and internationally. Based in Santa Cruz county, California.
Seeking Common Ground
- Peacebuilding organisation for Palestinian and Israeli youth.
Students for Peace and Humanity
- Group at Stony Brook University dedicated to raising awareness of humanitarian crisis and to promoting nonviolence through lectures, discussions, protests, and charity. Meetings and events calendar, projects, and ways to get involved.
- Coalition of peace advocates, diplomatic service agencies, religious and social organizations committed to the attainment of peace through nonviolent means. Information about the organization, peace rallies, and membership.
World Peace Events Calendar
- Calendar of events for world peace and inner peace. Find actions in Australia and the rest of the world, with maps and directions.
World Peace Society of Australia
- Group focusing on non-violence and inner peace for lasting world peace. Find peace education material for schools, alternative US presidential election, art, and poetry for peace.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, March 11, 2013 12:09:23 PM EDT -