become an editor
the entire directory
only in Pacifica/News_and_Media
News and Media
KPFA - Berkeley, CA
WBAI - New York City
CounterPunch Magazine Stories on Pacifica
- Collection of articles about the Pacifica Network.
Idealism: A Viable Alternative in Today's Media World?
- Norman Solomon on a Nation magazine article. After repressive actions at WBAI, The Nation, published a editorial that didn't denounce Pacifica management, contrary to what seemed to be in line with The Nation's pronouncements. (September 06, 2001)
Jose Ramos-Horta on Amy Goodman and Santa Cruz Massacre
- Nobel prize winner Ramos-Horta in support of Pacifica's Amy Goodman. Ramos defends the 'Democracy Now!' host against slander by WBAI management personnel. (September 03, 2001)
As Foes Slam Pacifica, Their Targets Cry Foul
- Current magazine articles dealing with tactics employed by free speech activists and Pacifica's efforts to discredit them. (August 20, 2001)
East Timor Action Network Open Letter on Amy Goodman and Pacifica
- Letter to WBAI and Pacifica on East Timor and Amy Goodman, reporter and host of 'Democracy Now!', challenging attacks on her integrity and rumors that the Santa Cruz massacre in East Timor did not occur. (August 17, 2001)
Pacifica's Pacific Coup
- Juan Gonzalez for In These Times about the "Coup" at WBAI. He concludes: "As Berkeley showed, in this war it's the listeners and donors who will have the last word." (February 19, 2001)
Goodman Embroiled in Pacifica Conflict
- Article in Current on difficulties Amy Goodman, of Pacifica's Democracy Now!, is encountering. She alleges a "poorly disguised attempt at censorship". (October 30, 2000)
Current.org - Pacifica moves to Washington as the news anchor leaves in dispute
- Pacifica moves after protests by many of its affiliate stations and departures of key on-air staffers, including Pacifica Network News anchor Verna Avery-Brown. (January 24, 2000)
Staffers Protest Pacifica Transfer of News Chief
- Article in Current, a magazine covering public broadcasting, about Pacifica's ouster of National News Director Dan Coughlin. (November 17, 1999)
There's Something About Mary
- Management problems and divisive racial politics have followed Mary Frances Berry from the U.S. Civil Rights Commission to the Pacifica Radio Network. Salon.com. (October 12, 1999)
Are KPFA and WBAI For Sale?
- Counter Punch article that discusses a memo by Pacifica board member Michael Palmer encouraging the sale of Pacifica Stations WBAI in New York and KPFA (June 13, 1999)
Pacifica Radio's Uncivil War
- Article by Randy Baker co-producer of 'Fear and Favor in the Newsroom', a documentary on self-censorship in the press, posted on vote.com. (June 06, 1999)
The Neutering of Pacifica
- Article in CounterPunch outlining some of the changes within Pacifica that have been points of disagreement between the National Board and media activists. (January 15, 1999)
CPB Chastises Pacifica - Shutting Out Dissidents is an Issue in Ongoing Battle
- Article in Current on the Pacifica Radio Network's violation of the FCC's open meetings rule. (May 12, 1997)
News and Media
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 4, 2013 at 3:04:51 UTC -