become an editor
the entire directory
only in Pacifica/News_and_Media
News and Media
KPFA - Berkeley, CA
WBAI - New York City
CounterPunch Magazine Stories on Pacifica
- Collection of articles about the Pacifica Network.
Idealism: A Viable Alternative in Today's Media World?
- Norman Solomon on a Nation magazine article. After repressive actions at WBAI, The Nation, published a editorial that didn't denounce Pacifica management, contrary to what seemed to be in line with The Nation's pronouncements. (September 06, 2001)
Jose Ramos-Horta on Amy Goodman and Santa Cruz Massacre
- Nobel prize winner Ramos-Horta in support of Pacifica's Amy Goodman. Ramos defends the 'Democracy Now!' host against slander by WBAI management personnel. (September 03, 2001)
East Timor Action Network Open Letter on Amy Goodman and Pacifica
- Letter to WBAI and Pacifica on East Timor and Amy Goodman, reporter and host of 'Democracy Now!', challenging attacks on her integrity and rumors that the Santa Cruz massacre in East Timor did not occur. (August 17, 2001)
Pacifica's Pacific Coup
- Juan Gonzalez for In These Times about the "Coup" at WBAI. He concludes: "As Berkeley showed, in this war it's the listeners and donors who will have the last word." (February 19, 2001)
Are KPFA and WBAI For Sale?
- Counter Punch article that discusses a memo by Pacifica board member Michael Palmer encouraging the sale of Pacifica Stations WBAI in New York and KPFA (June 13, 1999)
Pacifica Radio's Uncivil War
- Article by Randy Baker co-producer of 'Fear and Favor in the Newsroom', a documentary on self-censorship in the press, posted on vote.com. (June 06, 1999)
The Neutering of Pacifica
- Article in CounterPunch outlining some of the changes within Pacifica that have been points of disagreement between the National Board and media activists. (January 15, 1999)
News and Media
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 19, 2015 at 10:05:05 UTC -