become an editor
the entire directory
only in etoy/Media_Coverage
- Lawsuit Dropping Follows Holiday Shopping at eToys. By Claire Barliant [Village Voice].
Press about etoy
- Collection of press coverage of etoy and RTMark's etoy Fund.
The etoy Strikes Back
- eToys is (not surprisingly) continuing to pursue its trademark on "ETOYS", which etoy (not surprisingly) feels endangers its right to continue using its name. [Slashdot] (January 26, 2001)
How the Etoy Campaign Was Won
- Toywar I is over. After 81 days of heavy fighting, www.etoy.com is back with a great victory parade. AGENT.nasdaq reports on the art of etoy and the campaign tactics. By Reinhold Grether [Telepolis]. (February 26, 2000)
A Tale of Two eToys
- What happens when an e-commerce giant takes on a group of Swiss cyber-artists in court? Internet chaos. [Time]. (January 28, 2000)
eToys Drops Lawsuit Against Artist Group
- eToys Inc., the Internet's leading toy retailer, agreed on Tuesday to drop its trademark-infringement lawsuit against etoy, a group of online conceptual artists in Europe. By Matthew Mirapaul. [New York Times] [Registration required.] (January 25, 2000)
eToys Inc. Drops etoy Suit - For Real This Time
- Discussion about the end of the domain name struggle. [Slashdot]. (January 25, 2000)
Interview with etoy
- By Geri Wittig [switch]. (January 20, 2000)
The Fine Art of Compromise
- EToys Seeks Peace in Trademark Battle With Artists' Web Site. By Richard Leiby [Washington Post]. (December 31, 1999)
Art and Commerce Collide Online
- How valuable is an "s" on the Internet? Two combatants, separated in cyberspace by that single letter, are about to find out. By Matthew Mirapaul. [New York Times] [Registration required.] (December 30, 1999)
Etoy: It's Not Over Yet
- It's one thing to drop a lawsuit. It's another to "move away" from it. Which version the media heard depended on what time they were in touch with the eToys management. [Slashdot] (December 30, 1999)
eToys softens under grassroots pressure
- Online toy mega-merchant eToys conceded that popular support for the Swiss art group etoy encouraged it to offer a settlement to an old domain-name contest. The company offered to withdraw its suit if etoy withdraws its counter suit. By Thomas C Greene [The Register]. (December 30, 1999)
eToys Drops Lawsuit Against eToy
- Short note on eToys' offer to "back away" from legal claims [slashdot]. (December 29, 1999)
eToys Offers to Drop Suit Against Artists Group
- eToys Inc., the Web's leading toy retailer, said on Wednesday that it had offered to drop its trademark-infringement lawsuit against etoy, a European group of online conceptual artists whose supporters have mounted a vigorous Internet-based campaign protesting the toy merchant's actions. By Matthew Mirapaul [New York Times]. (December 29, 1999)
CNN Misrepresenting etoy vs. etoys Battle?
- Discussion regarding the CNN coverage of domain dispute. [Slashdot] (December 21, 1999)
e-TOYS: Hackers Try to Disrupt Internet Company
- "Cyber-activists are mounting a co-ordinated attempt to disrupt the operations of eToys, a leading online toy store, and drive down the company's stock price." By Louise Kehoe [Financial Times] (December 18, 1999)
ISP Blocked After eToys Protest
- Access to Thing.net was blocked until one of its subscribers agreed to remove a protest site directed against eToys. By Matt Mirapaul [New York Times]. (December 18, 1999)
California Court Blocks Artists www.etoy.com Domain
- News bulletin focussing on etoy as artists, based on Village Voice story. [Arts Wire]. (December 15, 1999)
Etoy's allies aren't playing around
- "This is a toy war, and protesters, calling for a ''digital sit-in'' starting today, want to take down Net retailer eToys.com during its busiest season." By Janet Kornblum [USA Today] (December 15, 1999)
The Toy War Escalates
- etoy, ®TMark and the drop of eToys shares. By Felix Stalder [Telepolis] (December 13, 1999)
Is eToys paying in market cap for bullying etoy?
- Report and discussion on the impact of etoy/eToys dispute on eToys' share value [Tasty Bits from the Technology Front]. (December 10, 1999)
eToys Lawsuit Is No Fun for Artist Group
- Excellent article on the preliminary injunction against etoy and its aftermath. By Matt Mirapaul [New York Times, arts@large]. (December 09, 1999)
The Name Game
- Column focusing on etoy/eToys conflict along with several other current domain-name news stories. By Angela Gunn [Seattle Weekly] (December 09, 1999)
- The group formerly known as ETOY lost the first round of its battle with eToys. By Felix Stalder [Telepolis]. (December 06, 1999)
No EToy for Christmas
- Coverage of the toywar, including a perspective on domain name dispute resolution. Very lively discussion. [slashdot] (December 03, 1999)
Sell eToys. Buy etoy.
- Online retailer eToys sues art group etoy over domain name. Corporate profits and artistic freedom collide. By Richard Zach [h2so4]. (December 03, 1999)
This Means eWar!
- Online retailing giant eToys.com plays legal hardball with a similarly named group of digital artists. By Claire Barliant [City Pages, Twin Cities] (December 01, 1999)
- In depth article on etoy's domain name fight with eToys, by Claire Barliant [Village Voice]. (November 30, 1999)
- Article on the domain name dispute, by Mark Gimein [Salon.com]. (November 30, 1999)
Fences in Cyberspace
- Recent events in the battle over domain names, with focus on etoy vs eToys, by Felix Stalder [Telepolis]. (November 17, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 29, 2014 at 14:45:07 UTC -