the entire directory
only in Media/Culture_Jamming
Andre the Giant Has a Posse
Kill the Dot
Patenting Own Genes
Pepsi Shirt on Coke Day
Telephone Tone Copyright
Arts: Visual Arts: Performance Art
Arts: Visual Arts: Public Art: Street Art: Guerrilla Art
Society: Issues: Environment: Consumerism: Activism
Society: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties: Free Speech
Society: Issues: Intellectual Property
Society: Politics: Anarchism: Culture
- Well-written introduction to culture jamming in its many forms, with pictures and many links.
Abrupt Culture Jamming
- For 10 years, Abrupt has been culture-jamming with manifestos, ad parodies, and radical pamphleteering.
Adbusters Culture Jammers Headquarters
- Vancouver based anti-consumerist magazine Adbusters. Famous for their spoof ads.
ameriCON incorporated USA
- Purports to be a multinational corporation seeking investment from conservative Christian businessmen who are interested in dominating global markets.
Are You Generic?
- Against unethical corporations, censorship and excessive advertising. Photographs and movies of recent protests, news and discussions.
The Bubble Project
- Manifesto, templates, book ordering, contact information and recommended links.
- Bypass compulsory web registration.
- A randomly gathered network of individuals united in the pursuit of experiences beyond the pale of mainstream society through subversion, pranks, art, fringe explorations and meaningless madness.
- Overview of subversive affirmation, media hoaxing, and adbusting, with links to influential participants. [English/German]
- Articles, event schedule, photographs, message boards and downloadable media.
Detroit Project, The
- Ads linking SUVs to national security, an Arianna Huffington project by Americans for Fuel Efficient Cars.
Enjoy the Sign
- A funny, provocative movie about the filmmakers' obsession -- framed perversely as a series of TV commercials -- with a shining emblem of modern culture, The Sign.
Feed the Mannequins
- Movement to bring basic comforts to mannequins, who work in horrible conditions and have no power to change it.
Free Words Project
- Book project by artist Sal Randolph. Free Words is a free and uncopyrighted book being given away in bookstores, libraries, galleries and other venues. Look for a free copy in New York bookstores, or download a pdf version from this site.
- Specializes in 'consumable simulacra'. "Why buy the product, when you can buy the idea? Buy the hype."
It Was Him
- Photographs of altered signs, advertising, and celebrity posters.
- An opening onto the fraudulent reality; material ranges from global art-movement coverage to experimental fiction to corporate subversion.
M. T. Enterprises WorldWide
- Internet art group with corporate front, promoting "artainment." [Requires frames]
Mark Dery's Shovelware
- Mark Dery popularized the term "culture jamming", and wrote a pamphlet titled "Culture Jamming: Hacking, Slashing and Sniping in the Empire of Signs".
National Cynical Network, The
- Negativland co-conspirators out of Silicon Valley who produce voicemail art as well as all manner of audio collage.
- Advertisements challenging the societal norm of the engagement ring, designed by Olga A. Matveeva.
Robbie Conal's Art Attack
- Political posters, guerilla postering guide and QuickTime movies.
The Societies of Spontaneity
- Flash mobs, pranks, guerrilla gardening, and other underground shenanigans.
Soy Bomb Nation
- A global grassroots movement dedicated to reclaiming the media from the corporate cheesemongers.
Together We Can Defeat Capitalism
- Undertakes public art and Internet projects to raise questions about early 21st Century capitalism.
- Blog about pranks, hacks, participatory art, flash mobs, and other creative endeavors in public places.
- Guerilla street art. Featuring work by the "Midget Posse" and anonymous graffiti artists.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 25, 2013 at 6:24:05 UTC -