become an editor
the entire directory
only in Activism/In_Daily_Life
In Daily Life
Society: Activism: Community Building
Society: Activism: Media: Culture Jamming
Society: Lifestyle Choices
Society: Philosophy: Ethics
Be The Dream
- Focuses on building community resources and practices for a new world order.
Dads and Daughters
- Organization of men with daughters. Provides tools to build relationships. Current project confronts western culture's valuing girls only for superficial aspects such as body weight and appearance.
Dalit Solidarity Network - UK
- Network of individuals, groups, movements and agencies working in solidarity with Dalit communities in India. Offers overview, activities and campaigns.
- A source for empowering people and communities via the internet with links to a wide range of progressive topics.
- Visitors may obtain a rating of goodness, learn about how to be a "GoodHuman" and contribute to a definition of what that is.
Ikuyo Conant Taiko Drummer
- About Taiko drumming and performing arts to create a more life-enhancing and peaceful world.
Labour Behind The Label
- Network of organisations supporting garment worker's efforts worldwide to defend rights and improve wages.
No Statusquo Websites
- Articles and web links about political issues.
The September Project
- Join with neighbors on September 11 at your local library to share and discuss ideas about democracy, citizenship, and patriotism through public talks, roundtables, and performances.
So what can I do?
- Weblog discusses specific ways an individual can make a positive impact on the world.
A Spiral Path to Knowhere
- One couple's experience and insights with simple living, peace and justice issues, creativity, and living in the spirit.
- A demonstration and research project designed to focus community life around meaningful and environmentally sustainable practices.
- Many essays on ethics, with a focus on animal and human rights in daily life. Covers vegetarianism, veganism, sexual and racial equality, straightedge, and hardliners.
Topfree Equal Rights Association (T.E.R.A.)
- An association that helps women having legal difficulty going without tops in public places in Canada and the USA, and informing the public on this issue.
- Promotes action on waste reduction, reuse and recycling throughout the UK.
Who Will Love America?
- Web book about how to be a responsible citizen. Contains 100 actions that, when done by each of us on a day-to-day basis and when the situations arise, keep America strong and thus free.
Women's Environmental Network
- WEN is an organisation which links women and the environment and is especially concerned with issues concerning women's health and reproductive systems.
What's At Stake 2: Defining the Public Interest in the Digital Age
- A publication of the Benton Foundation addressing points where digital technology intersects with important issues. (January 01, 1997)
In Daily Life
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 18, 2014 at 23:52:53 UTC -