become an editor
the entire directory
only in Activism/Community_Building
Open Directory - Society: Activism: Community Building
Computers: Internet: On the Web: Online Communities
Science: Environment: Sustainability: Community Sustainability
Science: Social Sciences: Urban and Regional Planning: Community and Economic Development
Society: Lifestyle Choices: Intentional Communities
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Community
- This US-based nonprofit promotes "leadership development" projects based on community conversations on issues of interest. They provide much high-level discussion of their methodology.
A Case Study of Electronic Community Building in a Freshman Dorm
- Study of how Stanford college students living together use and perceive electronic communication as a tool for critical dialogue and community building.
The Citizen's Handbook
- Community organizing handbook designed for use in urban settings. Created by Vancouver, B.C. group.
- A nonprofit organization dedicated to providing resources for community building and creative citizen dialogue and engagement.
Community Building Institute (CBI)
- Founded to help communities improve the way they conduct public business to be more inclusive, more collaborative, and more effective. Based in Annandale, Virginia.
Community Consultation: Best Practice
- Annotated listing of best practice community consultation, consumer participation, community development and qualitative analysis tools, practices and theories.
- Includes the background of this structured form of conversation, with a list of existing cafe groups, and information and resources about how to start a new one.
Global Citizens Circle
- Sponsors town meeting-style discussions led by a diverse community of world dignitaries, which focus on current global issues, with a goal of constructive change. Describes organizations history, with details of past program topics and leaders.
National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation
- Organizations and individuals committed to strengthening and uniting the growing dialogue and deliberation field.
National Park Service - Civic Engagement
- US agency offers resources and case studies for using historic sites as venues for civic dialogue on sensitive topics, along with calendar of events.
- Online version the nation's oldest continually-published housing and community development magazine. A primary forum for organizers, activists, and advocates in the affordable housing and neighborhood revitalization movements.
- Bristol, England-based group that promotes car-free street events. They provide a detailed guide for a successful neighborhood street party, with photos, anecdotes, and discussion of community development.
Tom Wolff and Associates
- US-based consultant offers services in collaboration-building and community planning. Provides overview of experience and philosophy, with client list, resource links, and description of areas of work.
The World Cafe
- This process for leading collaborative dialogue and knowledge-sharing, particularly for larger groups, is described, with a bibliography and resources for implementation.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 9, 2014 at 16:45:07 UTC -