become an editor
the entire directory
only in Activism/Cacerolazo
Society: Issues: Economic: International
Society: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties: Regional: South America: Argentina
Society: Issues: Poverty
This category in other languages:
IJA: The Situation in Argentina
- Covering the events that provoked the resignation of President Fernando de la Rúa and the participation of the Anarchist Federation of Argentina.
Red Flag: Frontline 6
- Issue focusing on the December 2001 revolt.
Riots in Argentina
- Placing the cacerolazo in the context of the working class in struggle against the globalized capitalism.
GATSwatch: GATS Cacerolazo
- Covering the pots and pans noise protest against the European Union role at WTO Services Negotiations. (June 26, 2002)
Christian Science Monitor: Argentina's Deep Empty Pockets
- Focusing on the history of political and economic disarray that contributed to the cacerolazo. (April 02, 2002)
World Press Review: Argentina Protests
- Overview of the situation after the incidents of December 2001. (February 27, 2002)
In Defense of Marxism: Total Crisis of Capitalism in Argentina
- Article by Miguel Jiménez about the insurrection of December 19th and 20th and the role of the middle classes. (February 07, 2002)
Le Monde Diplomatique: Ten Days that Shook the World Bank
- Covering the December 2001 events and an analysis explaining why it wasn't an anti-democratic movement. (February 01, 2002)
Asia Times: Argentine Heavy Metal Rocks the Globe
- Article by Pepe Escobar describing the cacerolazo and the relation with the so called neoliberalism's "model student". (January 31, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 22, 2015 at 23:35:10 UTC -