become an editor
the entire directory
only in Activism/Anti-Corporation
Open Directory - Society: Activism: Anti-Corporation
Home: Consumer Information: Complaints
Society: Activism: Media: Culture Jamming
Society: Activism: We Are The 99 Percent
Society: Issues: Business: Allegedly Unethical Firms
This category in other languages:
- Proposes consumer boycott of large US corporations as a protest against US consumption of resources, militarism and interference in affairs of other nations. Links to reading lists and to information on which corporations are US-based.
Boycott Georgia Pacific
- Urges a boycott of G-P's products unless construction is halted on a pipeline that endangers the St. Johns River in Florida.
- Group working on a campaign to eliminate the corrosive political influence of corporations and restore democracy to the people. Founded by Ralph Nader.
Coalition Against Bayer-Dangers (CBG)
- Describes campaigns relating labor practices, environmental issue, and drug safety. Formerly known as Bayerwatch. [English/German/French/Italian/Spanish]
Corporate Accountability International
- Grassroots corporate watchdog organization; membership information, campaign updates, job openings, and press releases.
Essential Action: Boycott Shell/Free Nigeria Campaign
- The campaign for environmental justice and corporate accountability for Shell's operations in Nigeria. Background, tools and action ideas for campaigning in your community or campus.
- Features news on boycott of the Fisher Family, GAP, Old Navy, and Banana Republic.
- PETA critique of the dog- and cat-food manufacturer's nutritional experiments using cats and dogs. Includes photos, video, and information about other pet food companies' use of animal testing.
The International Campaign for Justice in Bhopal
- Regular updates, the class action suit against Union Carbide Corporation, and activities of organizations for survivors of the disaster.
- News on the politics of brand hegemony and corporate power, and of acts of organized and disorganized resistance from all over the world. A forum for discussion and debate, and for sharing information, strategies of subversion and creative alternatives.
Socialism Today on World Trade Organization
- Single page review of the powerful gathering of protesters in Seattle in 1999.
Swatch Protest and Boycott
- In 1999, Swatch tried to use ham radio bands for advertising in violation of ITU rules via satellite. Amateur radio operators protested and the launch was cancelled.
Top 10 Reasons to Boycott FedEx
- Gives several detailed explanations of bad labor practices and relations with customers and neighbors, with links to external articles.
You've been Kmarted
- Urges boycotts by US consumers of corporations who are off-shoring their workforces, with an extensive list of corporate names, and links to sites detailing the issue and the successes of past actions.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:35:05 AM EDT -