become an editor
the entire directory
only in Biographies/Specific_Titles
Used and Rare
Arts: Literature: Biography
Allen Williams, Maude - Maude: She Grew Up with the Country
- From the secrets of living to age 110, to family life before TV; details from Maude's life.
Benbow, John - Brave Benbow
- Biography of Admiral John Benbow.
Boyce, William D. - Lone Scout: W. D. Boyce and American Boy Scouting
- Biography of Chicago newspaper publisher, adventurer, entrepreneur and founder of the Boy Scouts of America in 1910.
Constable, Daniel and William - Citizen Daniel and the Call of America
- Brian Jenkins' account, based on letters and journals of two brothers who sailed from England to America in 1806, and traveled from Niagara Falls to New Orleans.
DeRosier, Linda Scott - Songs of Life and Grace
- A memoir of growing up in Appalachian Kentucky.
Earhart, Amelia: East To The Dawn
- Susan Butler's biography of Amelia Earhart.
Fenoglio, Virginia - A Beautiful Time
- The story of a woman's life, through her family, focussing on the final few months of her life.
Foltz, Clara Shortridge: The Lady Lawyer
- Sharon Avey's book, featuring a career that spanned 56 years and its impact on others.
Fraser, Chris - Christie Boy
- A Highland soldier and ferryman's life.
Gell-Mann, Murray - Strange Beauty
- George Johnson's biography of the physicist who discovered the quark, and the Eightfold Way.
Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire
- Amanda Foreman's story of one of the most flamboyant women of the 18th century.
Ginsberg, Allen - Ginsberg at Evergreen
- Leo Daugherty's interview with the poet.
Hammond, John - Beloved African
- Jill Baker's account of the life and work of her father, a pioneering educator in Rhodesia and Zimbabwe.
Haughey, Charles - Sweetie
- Kevin O'Connor's story of a former Prime Minister of Ireland; his life, loves and enemies.
Hearst, William Randolph - Hearst Over Hollywood
- Louis Pizzitola's book about Hearst's role in shaping films from the Silent era to the 1940s. Note; Flash required, no HTML option.
Horn, Stacy - Waiting for My Cats to Die
- Autobiographical discussion of death, TV, music, the single life and cats.
Ingerson, Norman and Murdock, Stella - The Victorian Courtship Letters 1892-1896
- Jennifer Elvgren's collection of letters written in the late 19th century in Jamestown, New York and Western Pennsylvania.
Robbins, Rhea Côté - Wednesday's Child
- Growing up as a woman in the Franco-American culture in Maine.
Smith, Jack DeBar - The Iconoclast Goes to Sea
- World war II experiences as an enlisted man in the US Navy.
Summers, Thomas A. - Hunkering Down
- Autobiographical study of one man's experience in advocating social justice for the mentally ill.
Turnbull, Colin M. - In the Arms of Africa
- Roy Richard Grinker's biography of the anthropologist.
Winton, Alexander - Famous but Forgotten
- Automotive pioneer and industrialist who produced cars between 1896 and 1922. Table of contents and book excerpts. Written by Thomas F. Saal and Bernard J. Golias.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 17, 2014 at 11:24:09 UTC -