become an editor
the entire directory
only in Assistive_Technology/Low_Vision_Aids
Low Vision Aids
Open Directory - Shopping: Health: Disabilities: Assistive Technology: Low Vision Aids
Business: Healthcare: Products and Services: Disability: Vision and Reading Aids
Computers: E-Books: Readers
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Eye Disorders: Low Vision
Shopping: Publications: Books: Braille
Amazing Video Magnifiers
- Specializing in Telesensory video magnifiers which enable people with low vision, including Macular Degeneration, to see to read and write.
- Manufactures mobility canes for the visually impaired and the disabled community.
Big Type Company, The
- Large print date calendars, address books, check registers and bold ink 20/20 pens.
- Distributor of low vision products and adaptive technology for the blind, visually impaired and learning disabled.
- Low vision products for the visually impaired.
- Features document scanning solutions that convert text to speech as well as audio books.
Dolphin Computer Access
- Develops screen magnification, screen reading, OCR, Braille translation, and text-to-speech software.
- Magnifying loupe which displays an image on television or computer screen.
- Features the I.D. Mate, a talking bar code reader, and the ScripTalk, a talking pharmaceutical reader.
- Manufactures, designs, and supports Braille embossers. Products also include signmakers, Braille Labelers, Braille translation software, Braille & tactile graphics, and reading machines.
- Developer of innovative products including the Jordy, a portable, video magnification system worn like a pair of goggles.
- Offers screen reading and magnification software, Braille note takers, embossers and displays, scanning and reading software/hardware, learning systems software.
- Provides braille, speech, magnification solutions for people with reading, or visual disabilities.
Independent Living Aids
- Distributor of aids to the visually handicapped. Timepieces, telephones, cooking tools, magnifiers, reading machines, sound amplifiers, and personal care products.
- Develops software for the visually impaired, including mouse-driven screen-readers and talking text editors.
Lifestyle Pinhole Glasses
- See clearly without strain using pinhole glasses. No glass lens, and no prescription.
- Features a broad range of magnifiers and low-vision aids.
Magnifiers & More
- A variety of products for people with low vision and blindness including aids for reading, writing, mobility, using a computer, watching TV, and more.
The Magnifying Center
- Retailer of optical and non-optical devices for the visually impaired. Products include magnifiers, daily living aids, electronic reading technology (CCTV's), integrated reading machines, and screen enlargers. Several retail locations in Florida.
- Magnifying makeup mirrors (5X) that allow you to see clearly to apply makeup without glasses. Mirrors designed by an eye doctor in response to his patients' needs.
National Braille Factory
- Converts text documents into braille including business cards, coloring books, and greeting cards.
- Features a complete line of magnifiers, vision aids and braille products.
- Services Braille equipment and CCTV reading magnifiers in Australia. Develops software for Braille music translation and tactile graphics.
Portset Internet Services
- Products include web browser, teletype, document reader, and typewriter, all with speech synthesis.
See It Bigger
- Wide selection of magnifying glasses and magnifiers, including hand-held, hands-free, lighted, and pocket magnifiers plus loupes and dome magnifiers.
Seeing With Sound
- Offers an experimental system for translating live camera images into sounds that a blind person hears via stereo headphones.
Sierra Custom Cutting
- Features writing guides for those with low vision.
- Fold-out vision aid that can be attached to any reading material to magnify print. Can also be used on computer screens.
- Offers products selected by their low vision specialists who work with people with impaired vision every day.
- Offering magnifying mirrors for people with near vision problems.
- Adaptive equipment for blind, visually-impaired, and multiply-impaired children.
Sylvana Belle Eyes
- Magnifying makeup eyeglasses that permit corrected vision in both eyes while applying makeup.
- A raised printing method that produces easily readable, non-embossed non-residue tactile graphics and Braille.
- Manufactures magnifiers and low vision optical aids, including lighted loupes, book lights, and pop-up pocket lenses.
- Specializes in telesensory video magnifiers (CCTVs), portable magnifiers, and rotating cameras designed to connect to a TV or monitor. Includes a downloadable .pdf catalog.
Low Vision Aids
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 26, 2013 at 4:15:07 UTC -