become an editor
the entire directory
only in Transportation/Tube-Based
Pneumatic Tube Systems
Business: Construction and Maintenance: Trenchless Technology
Business: Industrial Goods and Services: Industrial Supply: Materials Handling: Bulk: Pneumatic Conveying
Business: Transportation and Logistics: Urban Transport: Transit Systems: Subways
Science: Physics: Fluid Mechanics and Dynamics
Science: Technology: Transportation: Monorails
- Describes a system for conveyance of goods through pipelines in Bochum, Germany. Includes an introduction, background, and news.
Characteristics of a Freight Pipeline Transportation System
- A scoping paper by Department of Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis. Covers linear electric propulsion, drag and stability.
Computerworld: Shipping Goes Down the Tubes
- An introduction to many of the large diameter schemes under development.
Evacuated Tube Transport Technologies
- Describes ET3, a project developing an evacuated tube system. Includes a summary of the technology and application, list of benefits, FAQ, and patent and licensing information.
- Describes a Russian proposal for a tube transit system.
International Freight Pipeline Society
- Society for those interested in capsule, pneumatic, and slurry pipelines. Contains a member directory, publications, and news.
Magplane Technology, Inc.
- Includes a description and technical papers covering a linear synchronous motor based capsule pipeline.
- Describes synchronous linear motor based system for moving lightweight freight, with movie of prototype in operation.
Public Roads: Tube Freight Transportation
- A review of the subject by Lawrence Vance and Milton K. Mills, United States Federal Highway Administration.
3rd International Symposium on Underground Freight Transportation by Capsule Pipelines and other Tube/Tunnel Systems
- ISUFT2002, a conference hosted by Ruhr-Universität Bochum. Contains an introduction, and conference and exhibition details. (September 19, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 2, 2015 at 14:15:08 UTC -