become an editor
the entire directory
only in Transportation/Monorails
Personal Rapid Transit
Science: Physics: Electromagnetism: Magnetic Levitation: Transportation
Science: Technology: Transportation: Tube-Based
- All-volunteer organization founded to foster more awareness and promote this uniquely safe method of transit: not just for theme parks and zoos. Descriptions, diagrams, technical papers, news, videos, history, comparisons, costs, links.
Aerobus International, Inc.
- Makes large, collective, suspended, monorail train system, tracks supported by widely spaced cable suspension. Descriptions, photos, diagrams, video, history, installations, news, contacts, contacts.
The ALWEG Archives
- History of the ALWEG monorail system.
- World's longest suspended monorail, built in 1988, 15.5km, 18 stations.
Historic Seattle Monorail
- Seattle's original monorail, built in 1962 for the World's Fair, still operating daily on its one-mile track.
Las Vegas Monorail
- Originally opened in 1995, this system will be expanded to 6km in 2004.
- Opening in 2003 with 5km and 5 stations.
- Osaka's monorail operating since 1990, 23.8km, 16 stations.
Owen Transit Group, Inc.
- Engineering firm offering the HighRoad Monorail System: 1 beam, 2-way traffic.
- Japan's first suspended monorail, built in 1970, 6.6km, 8 stations.
SwedeTrack System AB
- Makes FlyWay automated beam carried traffic, of Sweden. Medium and large, collective, suspended vehicles, lower to the ground to avoid any need to build stations. Many descriptions, images, links. [English, Swedish]
- Operating just outside Tokyo since 1997, 16km, 19 stations.
Walt's Toy Trains
- Some pictures of Disneyland monorails.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 13, 2015 at 1:15:09 UTC -