become an editor
the entire directory
only in Technology/Transportation
Personal Rapid Transit
Urban and Regional Planning
Research Groups and Centers
Business: Transportation and Logistics
Science: Technology: Aerospace
Science: Technology: Civil Engineering
Science: Technology: Safety Engineering
Society: Future: Predictions: Scientific
This category in other languages:
Innovative Transportation Technologies
- By Jerry Schneider. Classified descriptions, diagrams, over 40 transport technologies: planned, operating; electric and not; manual, automated; 1-/2-mode; freight/people movers (PRT); top mount, suspended; mono-/bi-rails, automated highways; fora, conference reports.
Advanced Transit Association
- ATRA promotes developing technologies such as Personal Rapid Transit (PRT), identifies problems and ways advanced systems can help solve them. Descriptions, studies (download, paper), videos, PRT Model Project, calendar, links.
The ADVISORS project
- Action for advanced Driver assistance and Vehicle control systems Implementation, Standardisation, Optimum use of the Road network and Safety. Includes project description and reports, a virtual driving lab, and related links.
Automated People Mover Standards Committee
- An organization developing standards for automated people movers. Includes publications, directives, and meeting notes.
- How cars might appear in the future.
Hydro Lance Corp.
- High Aspect Ratio Twin Hull (H.A.R.T.H.): new, innovative marine ocean ship platform architecture with passive designed, high stability and safety, low fuel use, achieves high speeds in high seas: 50-75 knots.
- Description of research facilities and programs. Includes publications.
The National Transportation Library
- Provides online access to documents and databases covering all aspects of transportation in the U.S. Material is contributed by public and private organizations around the country and access is free.
- French national program in land transport research and innovation. Information about strategic program efforts to improve performance relative to energy, noise, pollution and environment.
- Horizontal pedestrian mobility system to stretch average walking access distances along selected corridors. Similar to light rail and buses, but with rubber tires on a concrete guideway.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 3, 2014 at 12:15:10 UTC -