become an editor
the entire directory
only in Television/Organizations
Arts: Television: Interactive: Standards
Science: Technology: Organizations
This category in other languages:
Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC)
- An international organization establishing broadcasting standards for digital (including high-definition and data broadcasting) television. Provides press releases and many technology papers.
Audio Engineering Society (AES)
- The professional association offers publications on audio standards (liable to pay costs). Including information about AES Conferences and Conventions.
- European Cable Communications Association groups all the leading European broadband cable communications operators and their national trade associations throughout Europe. Provides publications, press releases and is introducing Cable Congress.
Canadian Association of Broadcasters
- Represents broadcasters, private radio and television stations, networks and specialty services to the federal government. Information on industry-wide strategic plans and members.
Digital Television Group
- Promotes digital television in all its forms (terrestrial, satellite and cable) - based in the UK with a world view.
Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) Project
- An international organization partnering with ETSI/CENELEC/EBU for the development of digital television standards for terrestrial, satellite and cable broadcasting. Many fact sheets are available.
European Broadcasting Union (EBU)
- At the forefront of research and development of new broadcast media, and has led or contributed to the development of many new digital standards. Includes publications, corporate video and news.
European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI)
- Seeks to produce the telecommunications standards that will be used throughout Europe and beyond.
Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Regulates interstate and international communications by radio, television, wire, satellite and cable. The resources include public notices, news releases, notices of proposed rulemaking and fact sheets.
International Association of Broadcasting Manufacturers (IABM)
- Represents manufacturers and suppliers of broadcast and media technology products and services.
International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
- The ITU is responsible for the standardization of telecommunications. Providing News, comprehensive databases on telecom standardization, telecom development and radiocommunication.
National Association of Broadcasters (NAB)
- News, position statements, research, information and resources from major industry organization of broadcasters.
Office of Communications (Ofcom)
- The independent regulator and competition authority for the UK communications industries. Includes sections on codes and guidelines, consultations, consumer guides and research.
Royal Television Society (RTS)
- Representing public service television and scientific advancement.
Satellite Broadcasting and Communications Association (SBCA)
- Represents the satellite industry in America. Provides information about membership and events.
Society of Broadcast Engineers (SBE)
- Offers a range of services to members including technology updates, idea exchanges, training, examinations and certification.
Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE)
- An organization for motion picture and television engineers. Resources, job opportunities, conference info and information about membership.
Society of Television Lighting Directors (STLD)
- Offers information about lighting technology and equipment for the television industry.
- The International Society for Optical Engineering is dedicated to advancing the scientific research and engineering applications of optics, photonic, imaging and optoelectronic technologies through international conferences, education programs and publications.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 12, 2012 at 2:18:44 UTC -