become an editor
the entire directory
only in Earthquake_Engineering/Control
Open Directory - Science: Technology: Structural Engineering: Earthquake Engineering: Control
Science: Technology: Structural Engineering: Control
Advanced Structural Control: Earthquake Protector
- Video of a performance testing of a 6-story building model placed on an earthquake protector. The peak horizontal accelerations of the shake table are in the range of 1.2 - 30.6g. California State University Northridge. Requires apple quicktime.
Antiseismic Control: Structural Research Briefing
- Research projects related to the earthquake/wind protective building control techniques that are developed at the California State University, Northridge.
Base Isolation: Origins and Development
- Some base isolation concepts, their research, and example applications.
BFRL Publications - base isolation
- Building and Fire Research Laboratory of NIST draft guidelines for testing of base isolation systems.
Building Research Institute (BRI)of Japan
- Information from Japan's major national research institution carrying out earthquake engineering and structural control research in buildings.
Dynamic Analysis of Base-Isolation Highway Bridge
- Department of Civil Engineering, University of Maryland online paper.
Dynamic System Modeling, Sensing and Control (DSMSC)
- The National Science Foundation program to support research on the relevant fundamental earthquake engineering concepts and mathematical theories.
Earthquake Protection Systems: San Francisco International Airport Terminal
- Provides an example of a building designed to resist a magnitude 8 earthquake on the nearby San Andreas Fault.
Fluid Viscous Damping as an Alternative to Base Isolation.
- Viscous dampers distributed throughout an otherwise conventional structure can achieve the same result as base isolation at a significantly lower cost. This technical paper describes how to install viscous dampers in a structure and gives several examples.
History, Design and Application of Fluid Dampers in Structural Engineering
- Taylor Devices, Inc. provides information on the use of damping devices in large structures.
Model Performance Factor Testing Procedure for Base Isolation Systems
- SEAINT presented research paper on seismic isolation for free download. [PDF]
Seismic Isolation of Buildings by EPS
- Earthquake Protection Systems, Inc. presents an overview of its major building projects incorporating seismic isolation devices.
Seismic Isolation of Industrial Facilities by EPS
- Earthquake Protection Systems presents its major industrial projects incorporating seismic isolation technique.
Seismic Isolation System for Bolu Viaducts, Turkey
- Earthquake Protection Systems supplied friction pendulum bearings which satisfied the high seismic design requirements for the rebuilding of these viaducts after the 1999 earthquake.
Structural Control Proceedings
- Proceedings of the 1994 First World Conference on Structural Control and of the two preceding workshops.
Structural Dynamics - Seismic Response Control Laboratory at Duke University
- Research information on semi active vibration control methods and smart damping, magnetorheological, and electrorheological devices.
UIUC - Smart Structures Technology Laboratory (SSTL)
- Facilities, research topics, and researchers. Includes educational readings, videos and strong motion data.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, March 14, 2013 9:17:43 PM EDT -