become an editor
the entire directory
only in Structural_Engineering/Dams
Open Directory - Science: Technology: Structural Engineering: Dams
Business: Energy: Renewable: Hydro
Science: Technology: Energy: Renewable: Hydro
This category in other languages:
California Dam Safety
- Reviews plans and specifications for the construction of new dams or for the enlargement, alteration, repair, or removal of existing dams. Includes technical references, statutes and regulations.
- Features a range of information for undergraduate studies. Topics include loadings, geology, site investigations, and construction. Compiled by Andrew Graham at Durham University.
The Dam Site
- A range of topics from Richard Woodward, including how dams are built and work, geology, and the environment.
- Illustrated project by Diana Biggs, on the social and environmental impacts of large dams. Includes case studies.
Elan Valley Dams
- History of the dams, reservoirs, and 73 mile aqueduct of the Elan Valley waterworks in mid-Wales. From the Powys digital history project.
German Dam Research and Technology:
- Provides links to publications that show progress in German dam research and case histories where modern techniques had been used. Publications in pdf format.
High Masonry Dams.
- Full text of John McMaster's 1876 publication.
Introduction to Dams
- Topics include the societal nature of dams and opposition to, examples of failures, and types.
- Guide from Desert USA to the deepest dam in the world, built in the 1930s on the Colorado River. Includes history, photographs and visitor information.
Parker Dam and Powerplant
- Comment and photographs from the Bureau of Reclamation.
- Provides a range of photographs and commentary on the history and construction of this 1938 dam located on the Grand river in Oklahoma.
Tailings Dam Safety
- Topics include current issues, safety, dam properties and failures. From the WISE uranium project.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 28, 2013 at 16:24:07 UTC -