become an editor
the entire directory
only in Europe/Italy
Open Directory - Science: Technology: Structural Engineering: Bridge: History: Historic Bridges: Europe: Italy
Ponte Vecchio, Florence, Italy
- Photographs and a brief history of this medieval bridge lined with shops in both English and Italian from Italian Cities by Thais.
- Photographs and text of various examples located in Rome, Narni, and other locations in Italy.
The Three Bridges over Canal Grande in Venice
- Illustrated descriptions of the famed Rialto and the 20th-century Scalzi and Accademia bridges, from In Venice Today.
The Tiber River, Tiber Bridges, and Tiber Island in Rome
- Descriptions and photographs of all the ancient Tiber bridges, listed in geographical, chronological, and alphabetical orders.
Venice for Visitors: Bridge of Sighs
- Antonio Contino's bridge was built in 1600 to connect the Doge's prison with his palace. An illustrated article by Durant Imboden.
Venice for Visitors: Rialto Bridge
- An illustrated article by Durant Imboden on this famous bridge with shops on it, built between 1588 and 1591.
Wikipedia: Pons Fabricius
- Describes the construction of this bridge in Rome that survives from 62 BC.
Wikipedia: Rialto Bridge
- History and photographs of the Ponte di Rialto in Venice.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 6:00:39 PM EST -