become an editor
the entire directory
only in Bridge/History
- Douglas Coulter's collection of bridge maker's plates from wrought iron bridges of Illinois. Also features photographs of covered and iron bridges, and bridge postcards.
Building a Bridge
- The story of the rebuilding of a bridge over the Blyth between Heveningham and Ubbeston in 1794.
- Discover how China's Song dynasty during the eleventh and twelfth centuries used the high arch "rainbow bridge" to solve the problem of spanning a fast-moving river without impeding boat traffic. Nova online.
English versus American Bridges
- Discussion on the merits of English and American iron bridges. Published in the 1874 edition of the Railway Gazette.
Instructions on Modern American Bridge Building
- Full text of George Tower's illustrated book first published in 1874.
A Treatise on Bracing With its Application to Bridges and Other Structures of Wood or Iron
- Full text of Bow's 1874 publication.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 12, 2012 at 10:15:03 UTC -