become an editor
the entire directory
only in Structural_Engineering/Blast_Protection
World Trade Center
Business: Business Services: Fire and Security: Emergency Management
Society: Issues: Terrorism
Architectural Surety Workshop
- This Sandia National Laboratories web site presents the workshop that considered normal, abnormal (natural disasters), and malevolent (terrorist attack) environmental conditions as the basis for deliberations.
Behaviour of Blast Damaged Reinforced Concrete Components in Fire
- Project investigating the possible effects of elevated temperature on the behavior of structural components partially damaged by direct blast. Conducted by students at the University of Edinburgh.
- List of some blast resistant buildings by Weidlinger Associates.
Building Blast Protection Research
- Research projects on terrorist blast protection conducted at California State University, Northridge.
DoD Explosives Safety Board (DDESB)
- Unit established to advise the US Secretary of Defense on matters concerning explosives safety and to prevent hazardous conditions to life and property. Includes some technical documents.
Innovative Ideas (AISC)
- Articles and links concerning blast protection for steel buildings.
- Oklahoma City National Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism (MIPT) is dedicated to preventing and reducing terrorism and mitigating its effects.
Protecting Buildings from Bomb Damage(1995)
- National Academy Press online presentation.
Protective Technology Center
- This is an indirect link to the Protective Technology Center, Pennsylvania State University.
Sails-Rigging Blast Protective Structural Shield
- SEAINT Research Paper describing a new structural technique for mitigation of terrorist blast effects to buildings. [PDF]
Structural Design for External Terrorist Bomb Attacks
- Summarizes the methods available to define an external terrorist bomb threat and estimate structural design loads and element responses using simple dynamic system models and principles. [PDF]
Testing Components of Catcher System for Blast Debris Protection
- Research project performed by the California State University Northridge, Department of CE&AM.
USACE Engineer Research and Development Center
- The Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) is the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers distributed research and development command which is including, but not limited to, the terrorist blast mitigation.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 31, 2013 at 12:54:07 UTC -