become an editor
the entire directory
only in Structural_Engineering/Blast_Protection
World Trade Center
Business: Business Services: Fire and Security: Emergency Management
Society: Issues: Terrorism
Behaviour of Blast Damaged Reinforced Concrete Components in Fire
- Project investigating the possible effects of elevated temperature on the behavior of structural components partially damaged by direct blast. Conducted by students at the University of Edinburgh.
- List of some blast resistant buildings by Weidlinger Associates.
Building Blast Protection Research
- Research projects on terrorist blast protection conducted at California State University, Northridge.
DoD Explosives Safety Board (DDESB)
- Unit established to advise the US Secretary of Defense on matters concerning explosives safety and to prevent hazardous conditions to life and property. Includes some technical documents.
Innovative Ideas (AISC)
- Articles and links concerning blast protection for steel buildings.
Protecting Buildings from Bomb Damage(1995)
- National Academy Press online presentation.
Protective Technology Center
- This is an indirect link to the Protective Technology Center, Pennsylvania State University.
Sails-Rigging Blast Protective Structural Shield
- SEAINT Research Paper describing a new structural technique for mitigation of terrorist blast effects to buildings. [PDF]
Testing Components of Catcher System for Blast Debris Protection
- Research project performed by the California State University Northridge, Department of CE&AM.
USACE Engineer Research and Development Center
- The Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) is the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers distributed research and development command which is including, but not limited to, the terrorist blast mitigation.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 9, 2014 at 11:35:08 UTC -