become an editor
the entire directory
only in Space/Satellites
Recreation: Radio: Amateur: Satellite Tracking
Science: Astronomy: Amateur: Satellites
Science: Technology: Space: Missions: Unmanned: Earth Orbit
AIM Satellite Mission
- The science and outreach sites for NASA's planned AIM (Aeronomy of Ice in the Mesosphere) mission, aimed at studying Polar Mesospheric Clouds (PMCs).
AMSAT AO-40, Phase 3-D
- Satellite for all radio amateurs in the world.
- BeppoSAX is an X-ray astronomy satellite devoted to systematic, integrated and comprehensive studies of galactic and extragalactic X-ray sources.
- Industry portal with variety of information and news on space systems and space companies in Europe.
- Keplerian elements for most satellites in low-earth orbit. Also includes historical archives dating back to 1980 and information about satellite tracking.
ESA: Satellites in Orbit
HESSI Modal Survey FEM Verification
- Modal survey of the HESSI spacecraft. Objective was to identify the natural frequencies, the damping factors and the mode shapes.
How Stuff Works: Satellites
- Simple 10-part tutorial description helps you understand how satellites work, what they contain and how they get into orbit.Basic level.
- Satellite communications with Intelsat, a leading satellite service provider of voice, data, and Internet solutions.
List of Satellites in Geostationary Orbit
- Provides details of the satellites in orbit around the equator, their names, longitude and launch dates.
Lloyd's Satellite Constellations
- Information on Iridium, Teledesic, Globalstar, Orbcomm, ICO Global, Ellipso, Skybridge and other systems, as well as general information on satellites.
- Provides satellite information, software and calculations, mainly for television, audio, video, intercom transmissions, link budget calculation and SNG. Written for SNG and radio technicians (amateurs).
MDA Federal Inc
- Uses GIS and satellite remotely sensed data for worldwide weather and agricultural forecasts, flood prediction, petroleum, hydrologic and mineral resource exploration and environmental monitoring.
My Involvement with Laser Power Beaming
- Article by Geoffrey A. Landis discussing the use of ground-based lasers to provide power for satellites.
SAREPTA: Satellites in Orbit
- Educational site describing satellites, how they are launched into orbit and what they are used for.
Satellites in Orbit
- Brief explanation of how to keep geostationary satellites in orbit.
SaVi satellite constellation visualization
- Software to view the movement of multiple satellites in two and three dimensions. View Iridium, Teledesic and Globalstar on your desktop.
Space Systems for Astronomical Observation
- Student project at the University of Michigan (Fall 99), comparing various systems for the advancement of astronomical observation, in order to determine the most beneficial path for future advancement.
Student Nitric Oxide Explorer
- SNOE is a small scientific satellite that is measuring the effects of energy from the sun and from the magnetosphere on the density of nitric oxide in the Earth's upper atmosphere.
Surrey Satellite Technology Ltd.
- News and information about a UK small satellite manufacturer. Includes details of the company, its satellites, services and missions.
Tech Museum: The Satellite Site
- Includes general information, orbit listings, background, and Java-based satellite construction simulator.
WorldSat International Inc.
- A producer of satellite maps and posters, atlas of the world, earth globes, interactive cd-roms, and stock photography.
X-Ray Astronomy Satellite Suzaku (ASTRO-EII)
- Provides project overview and data on this Japanese satellite launched on July 10, 2005.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 3, 2014 at 18:35:08 UTC -