become an editor
the entire directory
only in NASA/Images_and_Movies
Images and Movies
Science: Technology: Space: Images
- Features a very extensive multimedia collection from space projects and space science.
Apollo Image Gallery
- High-quality Project Apollo photography.
Astronomy Picture of the Day
- Each day a different image or photograph of our fascinating universe is featured, along with a brief explanation written by a professional astronomer.
Astronomy Picture of the Day Archive
- Daily updates, archives since June 1995. Descriptions and bookmarks by an astronomer.
Cassini-Huygens Multimedia Images
- Here on the Gallery page you can find the very latest images, videos and products from the Cassini-Huygens mission to Saturn, including the spectacular launch, spacecraft assembly and the exciting trip to Saturn.
Chandra Images by Date
- Current photos available from NASA's Chandra X_Ray Observatory.
Chandra Photo Album
- A collection of images taken by the Chandra X-ray Observatory.
Earth from Space - Astronauts Views of the Home Planet
- A dataset of selected astronaut acquired imagery of earth.
Earth Sciences and Image Analysis from JSC
- Includes a searchable, updated database of Earth photos made from the space station's windows.
Global Composite Weather Satellite Infrared Pictures from NASA GHCC
- Global composite of geostationary satellite weather images. You may interactively zoom and animate the pictures.
GRIN (Great Images in NASA)
- A collection of over a thousand images of significant historical interest scanned at high-resolution in several sizes. This collection is intended for the media, publishers, and the general public looking for high-quality photographs.
GSFC Science Visualization Studio Images
- Presents visualization of remote sensing data with conceptual scientific animations.
Hot Pics - Cool Movies
- Focuses on geospace or the space that surrounds the earth. Includes photos and movies about the sun, earth and surrounding planets.
Hubble Heritage Project
- Specially chosen images from the Hubble telescope, enhanced and explained by experts in order to educate and inspire.
HubbleSite - Gallery
- At the official online home of NASA's Hubble Space Telescope exists a gallery of the best pictures that the Hubble has taken.
Images from High Energy Astrophysics
- A NASA image library from high-energy astrophysics missions.
- The JPL Imaging Radar Home Page provides access to images from and information about NASA's shuttle imaging radar missions.
- This gallery provides images and information about projects that have been and currently are being supported by NASA's Infrared Processing and Analysis Center.
James Webb Space Telescope
- NASA's largest infrared-optimized telescope with launch planned for 2013.
KSC Shuttle Countdown Image/Movie Archive
- These electronic images depict some of the preflight, launch and landing activities conducted at the Kennedy Space Center for Space Shuttle Missions. Please Note: These photos are available only in electronic form.
Life Sciences Digital Image Library
- Images and information about NASA's life sciences missions. Images of astronauts, life sciences experiments and hardware, and artists concepts.
Lunar and Planetary Maps
- Lunar and planetary maps from the National Space Science Data Center.
Magellan Image Data
- Explains how orbit determinations based on short data arcs from a single day's tracking provide the basis for SAR processing, locating individual pixels, and mosaicking the image strips. The final data are sufficiently accurate to allow mosaicking of image data strips by a process of dead reckoning without the use of tie points.
Marshall image eXchange
- MiX offers a wealth of space-related information and galleries of images depicting the varied history, challenging ongoing programs/projects, and promising future of MSFC.
Multiwavelength Astronomy Messier Museum
- A multiwavelength view of objects in space from NASA's infrared astronomy center (IPAC). A detailed tutorial accompanies each set of images. This site will be regularly updated with new objects.
NASA - JSC Digital Image Collection
- 9,000+ press release photos from all NASA manned space flight programs, including Shuttle missions up to STS-79.
NASA - KSC Video Feeds
- Kennedy space center video feeds and link to NASA TV feeds (realvideo, realaudio, realmedia)
NASA Glenn Multimedia
- Explore the art and beauty of science and technology through captivating images of air and space exploration.
NASA Human Space Flight Gallery
- Search the gallery archives for images and video.
NASA Langley Research Center Multimedia Repository
- Search or browse for photos, images, videos, or movies.
- NASA Television (NTV) is a resource designed to provide real-time coverage of Agency activities and missions as well as providing resource video to the news media, and educational programming to teachers, students and the general public.
NASA World Wind
- Uses Landsat satellite imagery.
NASA's Planetary Photojournal
- NASA's Image Access page of publicly released images from various Solar System exploration programs.
NASA's Visible Earth
- A searchable directory of images, visualizations, and animations of earth.
NASA/Kennedy Space Center Photographs
- Kennedy media gallery.
Neurolab Online Photo Gallery
- Archived images from Neurolab: Animal images,Laboratories and Equipment,Physiology,Life in Space,Kennedy Space Center's Pictorial Countdown to Launch, and Animations and Demos: Neurolab Virtual Tour.
NSSDC Photo Gallery
- A collection of popular and frequently requested imagery from NASA's data archive.
Old Spitzer Online Galleries
- Archived images from the Spitzer space telescope.
PDS Imaging Node
- The curator of NASA's primary digital image collections from past, present, and future planetary missions.
Planetary Image Atlas
- Designed to be a single interface through which you can search for, display, and download images and other ancillary data for many planetary missions.
- Do advanced searches of NASA photos by date, spacecraft, feature, image id number, or organized set.
- a Virtual Observatory on the Net generating images of any part of the sky at wavelengths in all regimes from Radio to Gamma-Ray.(suppoted by NASA)
Solar Images from SDAC
- Daily pictures from the SOHO and Yohkoh space platforms, the US National Solar Observatory, and the Mauna Loa Solar Observatory.
Solar System Simulator
- A NASA/JPL/Caltech spyglass on the cosmos. Select from the options to have the simulator create a color image of your favorite planet or satellite.
Space Image Libraries
- space-related images presented by NASA's Aerospace Education Services Program at Oklahoma State University.
There's Space to Explore in DC
- NASA's interactive map of space-related sites in the DC-Baltimore-Annapolis area.
Virtual Trips to Black Holes and Neutron Stars
- Descriptions and MPEG movies that take you on exciting trips. These movies are scientifically accurate computer animations made with strict adherence to Einstein's General Theory of Relativity. The descriptions are written to be understandable on a variety of levels - from the casually curious to the professionally inquisitive.(a NASA supported site)
Welcome to the Planets
- A collection of some of the best images from NASA's planetary exploration program. The collection has been extracted from the interactive program "Welcome to the Planets" which was distributed on the Planetary Data System Educational CD-ROM Version 1.5 in December 1995.
Images and Movies
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 5, 2016 at 15:15:11 UTC -