become an editor
the entire directory
only in Centers/Goddard_Space_Flight_Center
Goddard Space Flight Center
Open Directory - Science: Technology: Space: NASA: Centers: Goddard Space Flight Center
Wallops Flight Facility
Regional: North America: United States: Maryland: Localities: G: Greenbelt
- The Space Physics Data Facility (SPDF) at Goddard Space Flight Center provides access to heliospheric magnetic field, plasma and spacecraft position data for each of many spacecraft.
The Flexible Image Transport System (FITS) Support Office
- A format adopted by the astronomical community for data interchange and archival storage. The FITS Support Office is responsible for documenting the FITS standard, participating in its evolution, and advising NASA astrophysics missions on how to present their data in FITS format.
Geodynamics Branch at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- We conduct research into the structure, dynamics, and evolution of the solid Earth and planets using space-techniques and remote sensing data.
Goddard Earth Sciences and Technology Center
- The goal of the GEST Center is to forge new cooperative relationships between the private sector and government scientists to fully exploit the joint development of a comprehensive theoretical and experimental research program in concert with the Earth Sciences Directorate.
Goddard Scientific Colloquium
- Information and Current Schedule.
Goddard Space Flight Center
- Flagship of NASA's space science program
GOES Project Science
- Provides science data about GOES, a US geostationary weather satellite. Includes many additional resources on weather satellites in general.
- For scientists and astronomy enthusiasts seeking actual data from a multitude of space-based observatories. HEASARC is the primary archive for high-energy astronomy missions, in the extreme ultraviolet, X-ray and gamma-ray wavelengths.
IMAGE Science Center
- The IMAGE satellite is the first spacecraft dedicated to imaging the Earth's magnetosphere, a region of space controlled by the Earth's magnetic field that contains extremely tenuous plasmas of both solar and terrestrial origin.
International Solar-Terrestrial Physics
- This program combines resources and scientific communities on an international scale using a complement of several missions, along with complementary ground facilities and theoretical efforts, to obtain coordinated, simultaneous investigations of the Sun-Earth space environment over an extended period of time.
Introduction to Cosmology
- A NASA site for the general public featuring a collection of questions and answers on cosmology.
James Webb Space Telescope
- NASA's next-generation successor to the Hubble Space Telescope,is named in honor of the man who led NASA in the early days of the fledgling aerospace agency,and is scheduled for launch in 2010 aboard an expendable launch vehicle.
LAMBDA - Legacy Archive for Microwave Background Data
- Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB) archive of science research. CMB data is an important aspect of research in cosmology.
LHEA team and group web sites
- The Laboratory for High-Energy Astrophysics contains many active research and instrument development groups. These pages link to the web sites for many of these groups.
Lunar and Planetary Science
- The National Space Science Data Center (NSSDC) at Goddard Space Flight Center is NASA's primary deep archive site for planetary and lunar data obtained from spacecraft missions (both NASA and non-NASA), as well as the primary center for distribution of planetary data and images to educators and the general public. Fact sheets, photos, and tools.
MAST Multimission Archive at STScI
- MAST supports a variety of astronomical data archives, with the primary focus on scientifically related data sets in the optical, ultraviolet, and near-infrared parts of the spectrum.
The Micro-pulse Lidar Network
- MPLNET,funded by the NASA Earth Observing System, is a worldwide network of micro-pulse lidar (MPL) systems providing long-term data sets of cloud and aerosol vertical distributions at key sites around the world.
- Latin for water, AQUA is a NASA Earth Science satellite mission named for the large amount of information that the mission will be collecting about the Earth's water cycle.
NASA Aerosol Robotic Network
- AERONET is an international network composed of more than a hundred of sunphotometers that covers a big part of Earth. This network is among others used to study the aerosols and to validate satellite data.
NASA Computational and Information Sciences and Technology Office (CISTO)
- Over 1,000 U.S. scientists use Goddard Space Flight Center supercomputers to develop Earth system models.
NASA Earth Sciences Directorate
- Largest organization of combined scientists and engineers in the United States dedicated to learning and sharing their knowledge of the Earth.
- The Gamma-ray Large Area Space Telescope projected launch date is August of 2007.
NASA Global Modeling and Assimilation Office
- The Global Modeling and Assimilation Office (GMAO) has been established as a core resource in the development and use of satellite observations through the integrating tools of models and assimilation systems.
NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies
- This NASA research institute subdivision of the Goddard Space Flight Center is located near Columbia University in New York City. GISS is primarily engaged in studies of global climate change.
NASA Goddard View
- Goddard newsletter.
NASA GSFC Electrical Systems Branch, Code 565
- Provides outstanding electrical engineering products and services to our customers in Earth science, Space science, and Technology development.
NASA Office of Higher Education
- Oversees activities and programs at Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) designed to maintain and broaden the Center's interaction with the university community.
NASA Scientific Ballooning Program
- Large unmanned helium balloons for NASA.
NASA's Goddard Technology Management Office Home (GTMO)
- Is responsible for planning, coordination, execution and oversight of technology programs for Goddard’s Space Science and Earth Science missions.
NASA's Space Physics Data Facility (SPDF)
- Goddard hosts the S3C Active Archive, which consists of web services for survey and high resolution data, trajectories, and scientific models.
National Space Science Data Center
- Provides access to a wide variety of astrophysics, space physics, solar physics, lunar, and planetary data from NASA space flight missions, in addition to selected other data, models, and software.
Polar, Wind, and Geotail
- These missions are fundamental elements in our global approach to understanding the Sun-Earth connections system.The missions focus on understanding the dynamics, short and long term, large and small, through active and quiet solar periods.
Sciences and Exploration Directorate SED
- A national resource for research in the Earth and Space Sciences.
Solar Data Analysis Center
- Solar images, solar news, eclipse information, solar data, Sun pictures, NASA solar physics programs.
Solar Terrestrial Probes Program
- NASA's STP program is a continuous sequence of flexible, cost-capped missions designed to systematically study the sun-Earth system. STP missions will focus on how and why the sun varies, and how Earth and the planets respond.
- The Solar System Exploration Data Services Office serves NASA Goddard's Solar System Exploration Division as a key interface for coordinating data management and archiving plans within NASA's Science Mission.
The Sun-Earth Connection Program
- One of four science themes within the Office of Space Science at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
TERRA (EOS AM) Project
- Terra is helping scientists unravel the mysteries of climate and environmental change.
Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe - Cosmology
- WMAP is a NASA Explorer Mission that will measure the temperature of the cosmic background radiation over the full sky with unprecedented accuracy. This map of the remnant heat of the Big Bang will provide answers to fundamental questions about the origin and fate of our universe.
Goddard Space Flight Center
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, November 11, 2013 7:06:26 AM EST -