become an editor
the entire directory
only in Missions/Unmanned
Asteroids and Comets
Outer Solar System
Science: Astronomy: Solar System
Science: Technology: Energy: Nuclear: Applications in Space
Canberra Deep Space Communications Complex
- One of the three Deep Space Network stations, CDSCC provides critical communications and tracking information to interplanetary space probes.
- Offers description and data on a gamma-ray telescope flown on several space missions.
GAIA: The Galactic Census Project
- A European Space Agency astrometry satellite mission designed to determine the composition, formation and evolution of our Galaxy, and create a detailed 3D map of over a billion stars.
High Energy Missions
- NASA guide to the scientific equipment and research aboard high-energy astrophysics missions.
A History of Unmanned Space Missions
- Chronological listings of unmanned missions from 1957-2004. Includes dates and mission highlights.
- Provides updated mission status, spacecraft and scientific data about a gamma ray observatory spacecraft of the European Space Agency.
- Provides overview of Russian participation in a mission studying plasma processes with several spacecraft at the L1/L2 Sun/Earth libration points.
- Rossi X-Ray Timing Explorer is a Goddard mission which was launched on December 30th, 1995. RXTE is designed to facilitate the study of time variability in the emission of X-ray sources with moderate spectral resolution.
Solar System Exploration: Missions
- Browsable information on dozens of interplanetary NASA programs. Includes links to official mission homepages.
Space Science Missions of the European Space Agency
- Information and data on those of ESA's past, present, and future satellite missions related to astronomy and astrophysics.
USGS Astrogeology Research Program
- Features planetary imagery, research, GIS, mapping, and image processing software. Offers data from a variety of space mission.
The Wide Field Infrared Explorer (WIRE)
- A spaceborne, cryogenically-cooled imaging telescope designed to explore the evolution of starburst galaxies and to search for protogalaxies.
Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE)
- Offers project and scientific information on a coming infrared observatory mission to observe stars and galaxies.
- The European Space Agency's XMM satellite official home page. News updates and multimedia.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 3, 2013 at 2:14:21 UTC -