become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Apollo
Open Directory - Science: Technology: Space: Missions: Manned: United States: Apollo
Landing Hoax Theory
Young, John W.
Arts: Movies: Titles: A: Apollo 13
Science: Astronomy: Solar System: Planets: Earth: Moon
Science: Technology: Space: Missions: Unmanned: Moon
This category in other languages:
The Apollo Program
- NASA's portal to data on the Apollo lunar missions. Mission summaries, data, and links to related NASA material.
Apollo 11 Flight Plan
- The detailed flight plan of the Apollo 11 lunar landing. Includes speeches by President John F. Kennedy on the US space program.
Apollo By The Numbers
- Offers a comprehensive collection of mission statistics.
Apollo Expeditions to the Moon
- E.M. Cortright edited a thorough history of the Apollo program. Discusses lunar probes, launchers, spacecraft, astronaut selection and training, and the lunar missions. Includes appendices and bibliography.
- Profiles and press kits for all missions. Includes a large media gallery of videos, pictures, and wallpaper.
Apollo Landing Missions
- Overviews of the various Apollo missions, including landing sites, lunar surface operations, science experiments, samplings, and an extensive gallery of mission photography.
Apollo Lunar Surface Journal
- This NASA archive offers brief overviews and detailed transcripts of the American lunar landings. Includes crew biographies as well as audio, image, and video galleries.
Apollo Mode Decision
- Examines the various mission profiles for placing astronauts on the moon and explains NASA's decision in favor of lunar orbit rendezvous.
Apollo Saturn Reference Page
- Reference material for modelers of the Saturn V, Saturn Ib and the Apollo spacecraft.
The Apollo Spacecraft: A Chronology
- Part of the NASA Historical Series. The chronology of the development of the Apollo spacecraft and the lunar mission. Provides specific documented information covering a wide range of events related to the Apollo manned spaceflight program.
Apollo Training Team
- Information on the instructor personnel who presented Apollo spacecraft systems briefings to Astronauts, Flight Controllers, and launch personnel. Includes summary of lunar missions, handouts, documents, and related links.
Apollo-Soyuz Test Project
- Explains the goals and accomplishments of the first meeting in space of Soviet cosmonauts and American astronauts. Provides a mission summary, an image gallery, and links to a lengthy and official history of the joint program.
Chariots for Apollo: A History of Manned Lunar Spacecraft
- A history of the Apollo spacecraft covering the three phases of spacecraft evolution: defining and designing the vehicles needed to do the job, developing and qualifying them for the task, and operating them in space.
- Project Apollo retrospective with pictures.
The Project Apollo Archive
- Large selection of multimedia from the Apollo missions.
Project Apollo: A Retrospective Analysis
- This NASA study provides the historical background for the American decision to go to the moon. Discusses the objectives of the Apollo program and how this shaped the US manned space program during the 1960s and after. Solidly researched and thoroughly referenced.
Scientific American: The 40th Anniversary of Apollo 8's Journey to the Moon
- Features articles from the December 2008 issue, commemorating Apollo 8, which made the first manned voyage around the moon in December 1968.
Space Exploration History: Apollo 13
- Overview of the failed lunar landing attempt.
Tribute to the Butler Aerospace Team Simulation of Apollo 15 to Hadley Rille
- Pictures of the simulation at the Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama dated July 1971. Includes astronauts, Command Module, Lunar Module, Rover, and EVA.
We Choose the Moon
- An interactive experience recreating the historic Apollo 11 mission to the Moon in real time. Includes period photographs and video clips.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 15, 2013 at 11:19:30 UTC -