become an editor
the entire directory
only in Nanotechnology/Research_Groups_and_Centers
Research Groups and Centers
Science: Research Groups and Centers
Science: Technology: Nanotechnology: Academic Departments
Science: Technology: Research Groups and Centers
- Committed to applied research in the area of micro-, nano- and opto-electronics to enable technologies and devices for emerging future applications in the area of communication, life and energy.
Arizona State University: Arizona Institute for Nano-Electronics
- Network of research centers focused on research in nanoelectronics, including nanophotonics, molecular electronics, nanoionics and computational nanoscience.
Bio-Inspired Sensors and Optoelectronics Laboratory
- The Bio-inspired Sensors and Optoelectronics Lab (BISOL) is focused on researching infrared detectors and vision systems, nano-scale lasers, visible to terahertz plasmonics, and novel nano-processing.
Brookhaven National Laboratory: Center for Functional Nanomaterials
- Research into nanoscale materials, with an emphasis on atomic-level tailoring to achieve desired properties and functions.
Center for Hierarchical Manufacturing
- An NSF Nanoscale Science and Engineering Center focused on the discovery, development and platforming of methodologies and processes that yield well-defined nanostructured materials and elements. The Center’s educational programs are designed to reach K-12, community college, undergraduate, graduate students and the general public.
Center for Nanophysics and Advanced Materials
- At the University of Maryland. Research focus ranges from the search for new materials with new physical properties to the design of new electronic devices that work on new physical principles.
Centre for BioNano Interactions (CBNI)
- The Centre for BioNano Interactions (CBNI) is a multi-disciplinary platform for Nanotoxicology and NanoMedicine at the University College Dublin.
- Scientific consultancy. Undertakes research into creating and designing innovative nanotechnology products.
Drexel Nanotechnology Institute (DNI)
- The DNI coordinates and develops efforts at Drexel University in the broad and interdisciplinary area of nanoscale science and engineering, including research, undergraduate and graduate education, technology transfer, outreach, and dissemination.
ETH Micro and NanoSystems Platorm
- Interdisciplinary network of researchers at ETH Zurich focused on micro and nanoscale research.
i3 Nanotec India Pvt. Ltd.
- Nanotechnology Research and Development firm involved in nanomaterials designing using computational simulation techniques, nanomaterial synthesis, characterization, and applications development.
IBM Zurich Research Lab
- Researchers of cantilever sensors, chemical AFM, MRI, Dynamic Force Microscopy, nanoscale integrated circuits and ultrathin magnetic structures.
Institute for Molecular Manufacturing
- Non-profit organisation founded to conduct research aimed at developing molecular manufacturing.
- Supporting the information needs of the nanomanufacturing community by bringing together resources about the advances in applications, devices, metrology, and materials that will facilitate the commercial development and marketable application of nanotechnology. A service of the National Nanomanufacturing Network.
International Center for Materials Nanoarchitectonics (MANA)
- Providing research program, concept, organization and recruitment at the International Center for Materials Nanoarchitectonics, Tsukuba, Japan. Research is focused on nano-materials, nanosystems, nano-green and nano-bio.
Jackson State University: Interdisciplinary Center for Nanotoxicity
- Undertaking research into the potential environmental, health and safety consequences of nanomaterials.
MESA+ Institute for Nanotechnology
- Part of the University of Twente, this is one of the largest nanotechnology research institutes in the world, delivering competitive and successful high quality research.
Micro/Nanophysics Research Laboratory
- MNRL conducts fundamental and applied research in microfluidic and nanofluidic phenomena. In particular, research is undertaken to investigate novel ways for fluid and particle manipulation at the micro and nano scales for various biological and biomedical applications.
Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology Research Center
- The CINN research is focused on modelling and simulation, nanostructrured hybrid systems and synthesis, and advanced characterization of nanocomposites and bioinspired materials. Joint initiative between the Spanish Council for Scientific Research, the Government of Asturias and the University of Oviedo.
Nanomaterials in Accumulation and Generation of Energy Devices
- Information on the research and educational activities being undertaken at the Vasyl Stefanyk PreCarpathian National University, Ukraine.
Nanophysics and Soft Matter at Bristol
- Group with a diverse range of research interests including techniques from neutron diffraction to optical tweezers, and studying systems from novel glasses to living cells.
- Nanoscribe develops compact and easy-to-operate table-top laser lithography systems, allowing for true three-dimensional nanostructures in commercially available photoresists.
NanoStructured Materials Group
- Prof. Minko's group studies and fabricates synthetic smart materials and biomaterials on a nanoscale and the scale of single molecules.
National Institute for Nanotechnology (NINT)
- Canada's integrated, multi-disciplinary institution for the application of nanotechnology to physics, chemistry, engineering, biology, informatics, pharmacy and medicine.
National Nanotechnology Infrastructure Network (NNIN)
- NNIN connects 13 university nanotechnology research facilities to provide access to technological expertise and nanotechnology instrumentation that would otherwise be out of reach for many researchers in industry and academia.
Objet volant mimant l'insecte
- A subject of national research has been launched in several laboratories in France to create an “OVMI” (Flying Object Mimicking the Insect) on the model of a fly (Diptera). This multidisciplinary project aims to develop new scientific methods and technical skills in the field of MAV with “flapping” wings.
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Develops commercial products through application of nanoscience, nanoengineering and nanotechnology.
- Performs materials research, solid state physics and nanotechnology on low-dimensional structures.
Pennsylvania State University - Nanofabrication Laboratory
- The Nanofabrication Laboratory is the center of nanotechnology research at the Pennsylvania State University.
Quantum Simulations Group
- At Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. The lab develops and employs state-of-the-art quantum simulation tools to predict new materials with target properties and to investigate states of matter difficult to access experimentally.
- Silicon photonics group at the University of PAris Sud. Several intersting links on this topic are given
Thermodynamics Research Laboratory
- Dr G.A. Mansoori leads research into nanobiotechnology, statistical mechanics and thermodynamics of complex systems and molecular approaches to various problems.
- Personal website.
Research Groups and Centers
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 21, 2016 at 7:24:04 UTC -