become an editor
the entire directory
only in Publications/Books
Arts: Literature: Genres: Science Fiction: Authors: S: Stephenson, Neal
Science: Biology: Cryobiology: Cryonics: Books
Science: Technology: Publications: Books
Engines of Creation: The Coming Era of Nanotechnology
- By K. Eric Drexler; Anchor Books, 1986, ISBN 0385199732. With a Foreword by Marvin Minsky, this is the first and still the classic book on nanotechnology. [Foresight Institute, Online]
Amazon.com Books: Nanotechnology
- Lists books for sale on the topic of the Nanotechnology. Includes descriptions of individual books, reviews and purchase information.
Chemistry at the Beginning of the Third Millennium
- Edited by Luigi Fabbrizzi, Antonio Poggi; Springer-Verlag, 2000, ISBN 0387989889. Accessible treatment of molecular design, supramolecules, nanotechnology and beyond; 15 chapters by specialists. [Publisher website.]
Designing the Molecular World: Chemistry at the Frontier
- Philip Ball; Princeton University Press, 1996, ISBN 0691029008. Accessible survey of new results in many major fields allied with chemistry: molecular electronics, artificial enzymes, smart polymer gels. [Princeton University Press]
Engines of Creation: The Coming Era of Nanotechnology
- Description, picture, links. [Anchor]
The First Immortal
- By James L. Halperin; Del Rey, Random House, 1998, ISBN 0345420926. Fictionally explores nanotechnology's impact on the human future, special focus on cryonics, life extension. Has author forum, news, information, opinion poll. [Random House]
Future Trends in Microelectronics: The Nano Millennium
- Edited by Serge Luryi, Jimmy Xu, Alex Zaslavsky; John Wiley and Sons, 2002, ISBN 0471212474. Based on ideas, discussions arising from 3rd Future Trends in Microelectronics (FTM) workshop series, summer 2001. [publisher website]
Hacking Matter: Levitating Chairs, Quantum Mirages, and the Infinite Weirdness of Programmable Atoms
- By Wil McCarthy; Basic Books, 2003, ISBN 046504428X. Programmable matter, via quantum dots, will someday change our lives. Author visits labs of major firms, talks to researchers developing this extraordinary technology. [SFF Net]
Integrated Chemical Systems: A Chemical Approach to Nanotechnology
- By Allen J. Bard; Wiley-Interscience, 1994, ISBN 0471007331. Systematic, real world approach to nanosystems, many actual examples, scores of figures and photo illustrations. [John Wiley and Sons]
Introduction to Nanotechnology
- By Charles P. Poole, Jr., Frank J. Owens; John Wiley and Sons, 2003, ISBN 0471079359. Broad, practical overview of topic, gives researchers coverage of developments in nanotechnology outside their fields. [publisher website]
The Investor's Guide to Nanotechnology & Micromachines
- By Glenn Fishbine; John Wiley and Sons, 2002, ISBN 0471443557. First investment guide to fast emerging industry. In 2000, government and private investment topped $1 billion, should grow exponentially in future. [John Wiley and Sons]
Molecular Engineering of Nanosystems
- By Edward A. Rietman; Springer-Verlag NY, 2001, ISBN 0387989889. Technical introduction. It is growing possible to manipulate biotic tissues and materials the size of individual cells, organelles, molecules. [Publisher's description.]
Nano-Society - Pushing the Boundaries of Technology
- This book puts a spotlight on some of the scientists who are pushing the boundaries of technology and it gives examples of their work and how they are advancing knowledge one little step at a time. The book shatters the monolithic term "nanotechnology" into the myriad of facets that it really is.
Nanomedicine, Volume 1: Basic Capabilities
- By Robert A. Freitas Jr.; Landes Bioscience, 1999, ISBN 157059645X, volume 1 of 3. About applying nanotechnology to medicine. [Online]
Nanosystems Book Review
- By Chris Worth. K. Eric Drexler's textbook reviewed, followed by much interesting, lively debate. [Slashdot]
Nanosystems: Molecular Machinery, Manufacturing, and Computation
- By K. Eric Drexler; John Wiley and Sons, 1992, ISBN 0471575186. Large, pioneering technical and mathematical text, may be author's greatest contribution to this field. [publisher website]
Nanotechnology in Water Treatment Applications
- Reviews the current state-of-the-art research and development of different nanomaterials (nanostructured catalytic membranes, nanosorbents, nanocatalysts and bioactive nanoparticles) and their application in water treatment, purification and disinfection.
The Next Big Thing Is Really Small: How Nanotechnology Will Change the Future of Your Business
- By Jack Uldrich, Deb Newberry; Crown Publishing Group, 2003, ISBN 1400046890. Introductory lay treatment, very useful for understanding day-to-day and business implications. [Random House]
Our Molecular Future: How Nanotechnology, Robotics, Genetics and Artificial Intelligence Will Transform Our World
- By Douglas Mulhall; Prometheus Books, 2002, ISBN 1573929921. Examines vast potential of new technologies to help us cope with many problems. Site has table of contents, excerpts, news release. [Prometheus Books Publishers]
Porous III-V Semiconductors
- Online book covering the fabrication and optical characterization of porous semiconductor structures using electrochemical etching as a nanostructuring technique.
Semiconductors for Micro- and Nanotechnology: An Introduction for Engineers
- By Jan G. Korvink, Andreas Greiner; John Wiley and Sons, 2002, ISBN 3527302573. Textbook on properties and behavior of semiconductors, how to use them to design and make micro- and nano-systems. [publisher website]
Thicker Than Blood
- A science fiction thriller set in the near future. It is about the introduction of nanotechnology into contemporary American society.
Unbounding the Future: The Nanotechnology Revolution
- By K. Eric Drexler, Chris Peterson, Gayle Pergamit; William Morrow and Company, Inc., 1991; Quill (reprint), 1993, ISBN 0688125735. Clear, nontechnical introduction to molecular manufacturing: what it is, and may make possible, dangers and opportunities. [Foresight Institute, Online]
Usenet sci.nanotech -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 12, 2015 at 1:30:51 UTC -