become an editor
the entire directory
only in Publications/Books
Arts: Literature: Genres: Science Fiction: Authors: S: Stephenson, Neal
Science: Biology: Cryobiology: Cryonics: Books
Science: Technology: Publications: Books
Engines of Creation: The Coming Era of Nanotechnology
- By K. Eric Drexler; Anchor Books, 1986, ISBN 0385199732. With a Foreword by Marvin Minsky, this is the first and still the classic book on nanotechnology. [Foresight Institute, Online]
Amazon.com Books: Nanotechnology
- Lists books for sale on the topic of the Nanotechnology. Includes descriptions of individual books, reviews and purchase information.
Chemistry at the Beginning of the Third Millennium
- Edited by Luigi Fabbrizzi, Antonio Poggi; Springer-Verlag, 2000, ISBN 0387989889. Accessible treatment of molecular design, supramolecules, nanotechnology and beyond; 15 chapters by specialists. [Publisher website.]
Designing the Molecular World: Chemistry at the Frontier
- Philip Ball; Princeton University Press, 1996, ISBN 0691029008. Accessible survey of new results in many major fields allied with chemistry: molecular electronics, artificial enzymes, smart polymer gels. [Princeton University Press]
Engines of Creation: The Coming Era of Nanotechnology
- Description, picture, links. [Anchor]
The First Immortal
- By James L. Halperin; Del Rey, Random House, 1998, ISBN 0345420926. Fictionally explores nanotechnology's impact on the human future, special focus on cryonics, life extension. Has author forum, news, information, opinion poll. [Random House]
Future Trends in Microelectronics: The Nano Millennium
- Edited by Serge Luryi, Jimmy Xu, Alex Zaslavsky; John Wiley and Sons, 2002, ISBN 0471212474. Based on ideas, discussions arising from 3rd Future Trends in Microelectronics (FTM) workshop series, summer 2001. [publisher website]
Hacking Matter: Levitating Chairs, Quantum Mirages, and the Infinite Weirdness of Programmable Atoms
- By Wil McCarthy; Basic Books, 2003, ISBN 046504428X. Programmable matter, via quantum dots, will someday change our lives. Author visits labs of major firms, talks to researchers developing this extraordinary technology. [SFF Net]
Integrated Chemical Systems: A Chemical Approach to Nanotechnology
- By Allen J. Bard; Wiley-Interscience, 1994, ISBN 0471007331. Systematic, real world approach to nanosystems, many actual examples, scores of figures and photo illustrations. [John Wiley and Sons]
Introduction to Nanotechnology
- By Charles P. Poole, Jr., Frank J. Owens; John Wiley and Sons, 2003, ISBN 0471079359. Broad, practical overview of topic, gives researchers coverage of developments in nanotechnology outside their fields. [publisher website]
The Investor's Guide to Nanotechnology & Micromachines
- By Glenn Fishbine; John Wiley and Sons, 2002, ISBN 0471443557. First investment guide to fast emerging industry. In 2000, government and private investment topped $1 billion, should grow exponentially in future. [John Wiley and Sons]
Molecular Engineering of Nanosystems
- By Edward A. Rietman; Springer-Verlag NY, 2001, ISBN 0387989889. Technical introduction. It is growing possible to manipulate biotic tissues and materials the size of individual cells, organelles, molecules. [Publisher's description.]
Nano-Society - Pushing the Boundaries of Technology
- This book puts a spotlight on some of the scientists who are pushing the boundaries of technology and it gives examples of their work and how they are advancing knowledge one little step at a time. The book shatters the monolithic term "nanotechnology" into the myriad of facets that it really is.
Nanomedicine, Volume 1: Basic Capabilities
- By Robert A. Freitas Jr.; Landes Bioscience, 1999, ISBN 157059645X, volume 1 of 3. About applying nanotechnology to medicine. [Online]
NanoSPRINT - Visual Science
- Encyclopedia of Nanotechnology, with a first volume dealing with carbon nanotubes, their properties, peculiarities and applications.
Nanosystems Book Review
- By Chris Worth. K. Eric Drexler's textbook reviewed, followed by much interesting, lively debate. [Slashdot]
Nanosystems: Molecular Machinery, Manufacturing, and Computation
- By K. Eric Drexler; John Wiley and Sons, 1992, ISBN 0471575186. Large, pioneering technical and mathematical text, may be author's greatest contribution to this field. [publisher website]
Nanotechnology in Water Treatment Applications
- Reviews the current state-of-the-art research and development of different nanomaterials (nanostructured catalytic membranes, nanosorbents, nanocatalysts and bioactive nanoparticles) and their application in water treatment, purification and disinfection.
Nanotechnology: Research and Perspectives
- Edited by B.C. Crandall, James Lewis; MIT Press, 1992, ISBN 0262031957. Overview of presently understood paths to molecule scale engineering. [MIT Press]
The Next Big Thing Is Really Small: How Nanotechnology Will Change the Future of Your Business
- By Jack Uldrich, Deb Newberry; Crown Publishing Group, 2003, ISBN 1400046890. Introductory lay treatment, very useful for understanding day-to-day and business implications. [Random House]
Our Molecular Future: How Nanotechnology, Robotics, Genetics and Artificial Intelligence Will Transform Our World
- By Douglas Mulhall; Prometheus Books, 2002, ISBN 1573929921. Examines vast potential of new technologies to help us cope with many problems. Site has table of contents, excerpts, news release. [Prometheus Books Publishers]
Porous III-V Semiconductors
- Online book covering the fabrication and optical characterization of porous semiconductor structures using electrochemical etching as a nanostructuring technique.
Semiconductors for Micro- and Nanotechnology: An Introduction for Engineers
- By Jan G. Korvink, Andreas Greiner; John Wiley and Sons, 2002, ISBN 3527302573. Textbook on properties and behavior of semiconductors, how to use them to design and make micro- and nano-systems. [publisher website]
Thicker Than Blood
- A science fiction thriller set in the near future. It is about the introduction of nanotechnology into contemporary American society.
Unbounding the Future: The Nanotechnology Revolution
- By K. Eric Drexler, Chris Peterson, Gayle Pergamit; William Morrow and Company, Inc., 1991; Quill (reprint), 1993, ISBN 0688125735. Clear, nontechnical introduction to molecular manufacturing: what it is, and may make possible, dangers and opportunities. [Foresight Institute, Online]
Usenet sci.nanotech -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 31, 2013 at 5:54:10 UTC -