the entire directory
only in Technology/Nanotechnology
Research Groups and Centers
Science: Instruments and Supplies: Laboratory Equipment: Microscopes: Scanning Probe Microscopes
Science: Methods and Techniques: Microscopy
Science: Methods and Techniques: Microscopy: Electron Microscopy
Science: Physics: Condensed Matter: Nanostructures
Science: Technology: Mechanical Engineering: MEMS
This category in other languages:
- Provides system sales representation and support for instrumentation manufacturers specializing in nanotechnology throughout North America.
Advanced Technologies Center (ATC)
- Development and production of scanning probe microscopes and software, scientific research in nanotechnology.
- AEP 3D surface profilometers (contact and non contact profilers) excel in innovation, ease of use and precision. They generate more than 2 million pixel image with picometer (0.001nm) resolution.
Asia Pacific Nanotechnology Forum
- Facilitates a platform for communication and exchange network between forum members, government policy leaders, industry leaders, and top tier investors by means of workshops, seminars and timely conferences.
- The company researches and develops custom quantum dots fabrication techniques for implementation in high value added products.The company also assists others with product development efforts by providing nanotechnological related services.
- The company was founded for the purpose of research and development of new therapies for the treatment of specific and hitherto incurable forms of leukaemia. Its business is the production, research and development of targeted pharmaceuticals based on nanoparticle structures.
- Nanotechnology knowledge base and news service for the engineering, design and materials community.
- The company creates nanotechnology-based anti-counterfeiting, security and brand protection solutions for industry.
BioForce Nanosciences, Inc.
- A nanotechnology company providing innovative tools and solutions for the life sciences through instruments such as the Nano eNabler System, consumables, and applications.
Cemmnt Hub Ltd
- The Centre of Excellence in Metrology for Micro and Nano Technologies (CEMMNT) provides measurement, characterisation, analytical and systems engineering services in the UK.
Center of Innovation for Nanobiotechnology
- COIN is a non-profit organization with the goal of increasing commercialization of nanobiotechnologies in North Carolina. COIN's goal is to create synergy among existing statewide resources and bridge any gaps that are potential barriers to growth.
Centre for Functional Nanostructures (CFN)
- Does research in four research areas Nano-Photonics, Nano-Electronics, Molecular Nanostructures and Nanostructured Materials. Description of research activities, information about lectures and events.
Centre of Nanophotonics
- A research center at the Polish Institute of Electron technology. The purpose of the center is to study the physics and fabrication of nanoscale photonic structures to be utilized by industry.
- Biomedical nanotechnology utilizing the unique aspects of a carbon nanoparticle (the Nanotrap) to advance diagnostic research, medicine and many other applications. Specializing in the detection of HGH in human urine.
- News, networks, conferences and nanotechnology resources in Europe
- The company manufactures a nanotechnology-based coating film that improves and protects surfaces.
- Providers of microfluidic products and services. Including chips, connectors, pumps valves and flow sensors, as well as full system design and development.
- Directions in nanotechnology: Updates on progress toward advanced objectives in nanotechnology and nanofabrication
- Emente has developed an approach to facilitate the transfer of technology out of the laboratory into manufacturing companies to enable the creation of new products and processes, with particular expertise in microsystems- and nanotechnologies.
European Commission - Nanotechnology Homepage
- This web service provides an overview of nanotechnology related activities across the European Community's programs. Note: The site has been archived and will no longer be updated.
- European Society for Precision Engineering and Nanotechnology - contains society news, conference information, discussion forums and expertise search. Euspen is a not-for-profit company based at Cranfield University in the UK, with members around the world.
- Manufacturer of quantum dot nanoparticles for use as a color-enhancing additive in optical devices and visual materials. New York.
- Develops flow control devices for micro- and nanofluidic research.
The Foresight Institute
- Non-profit institute focused on nanotechnology, the coming ability to build materials and products with atomic precision, and systems to aid knowledge exchange and critical discussion, thus improving public and private policy decisions.
- Provides a brief, informative description of the structure, properties, and potential of carbon-based graphene.
Green Technology Forum
- A research and advising firm focusing on nanotechnology and biotechnology for "green" businesses. The company provides market research and strategy development services.
How Stuff Works: How Nanotechnology Will Work
- Animated narrative shows how Nanotechnology has the potential to totally change manufacturing, health care and many other areas.
IANT. International Association of Nanotechnology
- Nonprofit professional association with the goal of fostering research collaboration in the multiple branches of nano science and technologies for consumer, industrial and medical applications.
IBM Almaden STM Molecular Art
- Some of the famous images of atoms and molecules made with IBM's scanning tunneling microscope.
- The company specializes in nanotechnologies and is concentrated in three main areas: scientific research, construction and production of nanoparticles condition detectors. Their products are intended for production process controls, scientific and technological researches.
Industrial Sonomechanics - Ultrasonic Liquid Processors
- Industrial Sonomechanics offers high-intensity industrial ultrasonic liquid processors for the production of nanoemulsions and nano-particle suspensions for pharmaceutical, cosmetic, food, ink, paint, coating, wood product and metalworking industries.
Institute for Atomic-Scale Engineering
- Personal page of Forrest Bishop: published and unpublished concept articles.
- Site dedicated to graphene based nanotechnology. Company and product links.
Iranian Nanotechnology Initiative
- This bilingual website contains news, events, articles about nanotechnology in Iran and the world.
- Information about the applications of Nanotechnology in Medicine. Covering safety, implementation and law.
Metamodern: The Trajectory of Technology
- Eric Drexler’s blog, focused on progress and research objectives in nanotechnology. It spans a range of other topics related to new technologies.
Micro and Nanotechnolgy Commercialization Education Foundation (MANCEF)
- A global membership association focused on the commercialization of small technologies. Information about the organisation, the annual conference and other events it organizes, products, and membership details.
- Centre for Innovation in Micro and Nanotechnology in Grenoble. Teaching, research, and industrial development.
Molecular Imprints, Inc.
- Manufacturer of imprint, step-and-flash lithography systems for creating nanometer-scale surface relief structures. Texas.
Molecular Manufacturing Shortcut Group
- Promotes developing nanotechnology as a way to facilitate space exploration and settlement.
- The company is a leading supplier of nanoprobing tools to the semiconductor industry. Nanoprobing is the method of measuring the world’s most advanced electronic devices, which are invisible to all but the most advanced microscopes.
- International peer-reviewed quarterly journal covering life sciences, nanosciences and nanomedicine. In each category there are sub-fields of chemical synthesis, structures, and properties of nanomaterials.
- A dynamic magazine at the leading edge of nanotechnology features, views, news and reviews. Nano will appeal to a spectrum of interests ranging from the industrial and academic research communities to investors and businesses.
Nano Science & Technology Consortium (NSTC)
- The company offers consulting and research in the area of nanotechnologies.
Nano Science & Technology Institute
- Events, publications and news in nanotechnology, microtechnology and biotechnology.
- Nano technology as it applies now and in the future to Space Exploration and Studies.
- Consultancy in nanomaterials and technology. UK.
- An online resource for architects and designers. The site focuses on the architectural implications of nanotechnology. Mission: to inform architects about nanotechnology, to track emerging developments in nanotechnology that will revolutionize design, and to feature works that are enabled by nanotechnology.
- A nanomedecine company dedicated to the development of new treatments for cancer based on the combined application of nanotechnologies and biotechnologies.
- A nanotechnology dictionary. The site classifies the terms related to nanotechnology into 9 different categories.
- General nanotechnology information site.
- Multimedia examples of nanotechnology research. The purposes of this portal is popularization of knowledge, technology and science.
- Online dictionary of nanotechnology.
- Nanohedron exhibits scientific images, with a focus on images depicting nanoscale objects.
- A community web site dedicated to education and research through online simulation and online tutorials. Online simulation on nanoHUB is a free service, users need to register for a free login.
- A company providing innovative characterization tool for nanotechnology applications through optical instruments.
- Commercial version of the NanoManipulator system originally from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
- A news collection site about nanomedicine.
- Manufacturer of imprint, step-and-flash lithography systems. New Jersey.
- The company develops and produces nanostructured coatings. Its products based on chemical nanotechnology offer corrosion protection and long-term protection of wood and natural stone/glass surfaces, aluminium facades and plastic building materials.
- Non-profit, government funded organization, focused on strengthening innovation in Canadian nanotechnology and -science.
- The company is a professional services firm, specializing in the regulation of the products of nanotechnology. It publishes the NanoReg Report to provide current information on government regulations and environmental health and safety issues.
Nanoscale Informal Science Education Network
- A national community of researchers and informal science educators dedicated to fostering public awareness, engagement, and understanding of nanoscale science, engineering, and technology. The site features an online catalog of educational materials and resources for using in museums and informal learning settings.
Nanoscale Science and Engineering
- National Science Foundation. Activities, Information and Education, Research and Development, Connections, and NSF and NNI (National Nanotechnology Initiative) Reports.
- A Hungarian Virtual NanoScience Network
- NanoScienceWorks.org provides content and community to nanoscience researchers, offering directories to universities, labs, researchers; online libraries and collaboration tools.
- Portal with forums, and links sorted by topic and popularity.
- A selection of nanotechnology related products.
- The Center for NanoSpace Technologies is a Texas-based nonprofit scientific research and education foundation chartered to conceive, establish, and conduct cutting-edge technology, research, and development in the areas of aerospace, education, energy, life sciences, and shipping and transportation.
NanoSpain - Spanish Nanotechnology Network
- Promotes Spanish science and research through a multi-national networking action and to stimulate commercial nanotechnology applications.
- A news site with nanotechnology-related conferences, scientific and industrial jobs and to highlight the most recent advances in the field of nanoscience and nanotechnology and its technological potential impact on society.
- Dedicated to coverage of all aspects of nanoscale science and technology from a multidisciplinary perspective.
The Nanotechnology Age
- A collection of information on nanotechnology issues, in particular molecular manufacturing.
The NanoTechnology Group
- A consortium of nano companies, universities and organizations developing a nano science curriculum for K-12.
Nanotechnology in Manufacturing
- What Next? The Coming Revolution In Manufacturing: Autodesk Technology Forum Presentation by John Walker, May 10th, 1990. Somewhat dated but well worth reading.
- Provides introduction to nanotechnology, general information, images, interviews, news, events, research, books, glossary and links.
Nanotechnology Toxicology Consulting & Training
- The firm provides training and consulting for use in decision making by nanotechnology stakeholders including corporations, investors, government and academia.
- Nanotechnology-specific news, products, jobs, events and information. Includes articles about nanotechnology of interest to the general public.
- Provides information for nanotechnology and research.
- Nanotechnology consulting firm. Services include nanotechnology matchmaking, assessment of trends, feasibility studies, materials and products analysis, and presentation assistance.
- Manufacturer of profilometers, mechanical testers and tribometers. Also offers a range of nano/micro/macro mechanical and 3D non-contact metrology testing services.
- An MIT startup, Nanowave offers SPPE (Scanning Probe Position Encoder) technology for picometer-order (subnanometer) resolution over ranges greater than several inches.
Nanowerk Nanotechnology Portal
- Source of information and links. It offers a nanomaterial database, feature articles, and a daily news service.
- A project funded by the 7th Framework Program of the European Commission. It aims to increase young people’s basic understanding on nanotechnologies and to engage in the dialogue about its ethical, legal and social aspects.
- The company manufactures and sells fullerenes.
- OLED tech news and resources. OLEDs: new display technology that promises to deliver thin, power efficient and bright displays.
- Research and distribution of nanotechnology-based surface sealants and cleaners.
- Non-profit organisation focusing its activities on nanotechnology and the structuring and fostering of European excellence and collaboration.
- Company developing and manufacturing atomic layer deposition (ALD) systems for micro- and nanotechnology applications.
Project On Emerging Nanotechnologies
- Partnership between the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars and the Pew Charitable Trusts, dedicated to knowledge dissemination, the creation of an active public and policy dialogue, and the anticipation, understanding and management of potential human health and environmental risks.
- A research company involved in the development of processes for the production of nano-sized materials, devices, and sensors for monitoring, display and control of physical properties and functions in scientific and commercial environments.
Researching: Clusters and benchmarks
- Social and economic dynamics related to the worldwide development of nanotechnologies, with a focus one the geographic clustering phenomenon.
- Manufacturers of high tech instruments, tribometers, 3d profilometer, stress tester and atomic force microscope.
Scanning Tunneling Microscope (STM)
- Describes the invention of the topografiner, a precursor instrument, between 1965 and 1971, and also tells of the STM's development.
Self Replicating Systems
- NASA and Self-Replicating Systems: Implications for Nanotechnology.
- Daily articles covering MEMS, nanotechnology, and microsystems, with a business angle.
- A web site dedicated to Spintronics: "Electronics" done with electron spin. With news, articles, and forums.
- PECVD, CVD and ICP growth of nanotubes and catalyst systems including nanoparticles and active catalyst materials for carbon nanotubes and silicon nanowires at high and low temperatures.
Trends in Biotechnology and Nanotechnology
- News blog with article links and research news. [rss]
- An Indian consulting firm dealing with nanomaterials and -processes. Also a provider of carbon nanotubes and other nanomaterials.
U.S. National Nanotechnology Initiative
- The National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI) in the U.S. is a federal research and development program established to coordinate the multiagency efforts in nanoscale science, engineering, and technology.
- Website that provides clear explanations of nanotechnology applications.
What is nano
- Educational website about nanoscience, engineering and technology with videos, audio, DIY activities to try at home, nano in the news, and links to information for the general public and educators. Highlights the Nano museum exhibition and NanoDays events nationwide in the United States developed by the Nanoscale Informal Science Education Network (NISE Network).
- Former Xerox Palo Alto Research Center Nanotechnology page: brief introduction to core concepts of molecular nanotechnology (MNT), and links for further reading.
- The company supplies the NanoBot System, a nanomanipulator system to manipulate nanoparticles in a scanning electron microscope or focused ion beam system.
Yahoo Groups: Nanotechnology
- Active nanotechnology discussion group.
Usenet sci.nanotech -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 4, 2015 at 5:24:07 UTC -