become an editor
the entire directory
only in Military_Science/Ballistic_Missile_Defense
Ballistic Missile Defense
Open Directory - Science: Technology: Military Science: Ballistic Missile Defense
Strategic Defense Initiative
Science: Technology: Aerospace: Aeronautics: Guidance Systems
A "Phased, Adaptive Approach" for Missile Defense in Europe
- Fact sheet released by the White House in September 2009 on an assessment of the Iranian missile threat, and a commitment to deploy technology that is proven, cost-effective and adaptable to an evolving security environment.
Anti-Ballistic Missile (ABM) Treaty Documents Archive
- Documents and research material on the Bush and Clinton administration's policies toward the ABM Treaty.
Army Technology: MEADS Defense System
- Unofficial project information on the Medium Extended Air Defense System, the proposed replacement to the Patriot anti-ballistic missile system. Includes technical data and an image gallery.
Army Technology: THAAD Defense System
- Unofficial project information on the Theatre High Altitude Area Defense System, an anti-ballistic missile system designed to complement MEADS and Patriot batteries. Includes image gallery and technical specifications.
Ballistic Missile Defense and Northeast Asian Security: Views From Washington, Beijing, and Tokyo
- Reports from a series of roundtables involving US, Japanese, and Chinese experts and officials on the impact of US missile defense deployments on Northeast Asian security, identifying areas of conflict and potential compromise.
Ballistic Missile Defense Program News
- News and developments pertaining to ballistic missile technology.
Database of Ballistic Missiles
- A database of ballistic missiles around the world, with technical specifications, range and status.
- A source for news and security information, including missile defense programs.
Heritage Foundation: Missile Defense
- Recent studies and publications by the Heritage Foundation on the subject of ballistic missile defense.
- Non-government authority on missile defense, arms control, nuclear weapons and strategic systems. Publishes articles, undertakes research and provides congressional testimony.
How Missiles Can Save the World
- Article by Gordon Feller, dated October 2009, examining President Obama's plans for missile defense in Europe.
- Provides abstracts about next generation military technology with commercial potential.
Missile Defense Advocacy Alliance
- Non-profit organization which seeks to generate public support for the continued testing, development and deployment of missile defense systems to protect the US and its allies.
Missile Defense Agency
- US agency charged with developing, testing and fielding an integrated Ballistic Missile Defense System. History, photos, information about goals and technologies, and resources for prospective employees and contractors.
Missile Defense Technology
- A series of articles poising questions about technology failures in the field of ballistic missile defense.
- Project undertaken by the Claremont Institute devoted to understanding and promoting the strategic defense of the United States, in particular, against ballistic missile attacks.
National Missile Defense
- The Federation of American Scientists provides information on this program, the different elements involved, the timescale and costs.
National Missile Defense Act of 1999
- Text of the 1999 act, passed overwhelmingly by Congress, making it the policy of the United States to deploy a national missile defense system as soon as technologically possible.
Russian Strategic Nuclear Forces
- Site devoted to Russian strategic forces, including ballistic missiles, operated by Pavel Podvig.
Stanley R. Mickelsen Safeguard Complex
- Unofficial site providing pictures and documents relating to the Stanley R. Mickelsen Safeguard Complex in North Dakota, the United States' only operational anti-ballistic missile defense system.
Strategic Defense Initiative News - Topix
- News on SDI and missile defense collected from diverse sources on the web.
Terminal High Altitude Area Defense
- Information from Wikipedia on this United States Army system to shoot down short and medium range ballistic missiles.
Theater High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD)
- Provides information on the progress of the ground-based anti-missile weapon Theater High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD).
Ballistic Missile Defense
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 9, 2014 at 10:54:10 UTC -