become an editor
the entire directory
only in Metrology/Organizations
Open Directory - Science: Technology: Metrology: Organizations
Science: Reference: Standards: Organizations: Regional
Science: Technology: Metrology: Research Groups and Centers
Bureau International des Poids et Mesures
- Ensures world-wide uniformity of measurements and their traceability to the International System of Units (SI). Includes scientific work, publications, the metre convention, meetings, committee reports and contacts at Sèvres, France.
Center for Precision Metrology
- Graduate programs, affiliations, alumnus, related links and laboratory facilities and contacts at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
Coordinate Measurement Systems Committee
- International group of close tolerance, industrial measurement specialists, users and manufacturers of alignment systems, targeting hardware, electronic theodolites, photogrammetry / videogrammetry systems, laser radar and trackers. Includes details of conference at Greenville, South Carolina.
Czech Metrological Institute
- National metrological body active in fundamental metrology, calibration of measuring instruments, type approvals of legal measuring instruments, and their verification and inspection. Contacts for laboratories throughout the republic, from Prague.
Danish Institute of Fundamental Metrology
- Primarily supporting national industry with metrological knowledge and calibrations with international recognition. Includes priced services in electrolytic conductivity, optical power and wavelength, surface topography. Course in precision and nanometrology, and news about nanotechnology.
European Virtual Institute of Geometry Measurement
- EVIGeM offers help in geometrical or calibration problems, through a network of partners, including SMEs, LSEs, research institutes, calibration centers and individual experts. Contacts at the Bremen Institute of Industrial Technology and Applied Work Science, Germany.
Institute for Reference Materials and Measurements
- Promotes a common European measurement system in support of EU policies, especially internal market, environment, health and consumer protection standards. Includes events, facilities and contacts in Geel, Belgium.
International Organization of Legal Metrology
- Established to promote the global harmonization of legal metrology procedures. Includes overview of certificate system, publications for purchase, meetings, participating regional and internal organizations, member login, contacts in Paris, France.
Measurement Standards Laboratory
- Ensures that national units of measurement are consistent with the SI system. Part of Industrial Research Limited, Lower Hutt, New Zealand.
National Measurement Office
- The role of the executive agency in type approval, EMC and environmental testing, such as ensuring that micropipette measurement is accurate, fair and legal, for the Department of Trade and Industry, UK.
National Measurement System
- The National Measurement Act, legal metrology, authorities, trade measurement, training at the National Standards Commission, Australia.
- National institute for science and technology for the field of metrology and physical safety engineering, as the highest technical authority of Germany.
Swiss Federal Office for Metrology and Accreditation
- Activities, accreditation, legal aspects, fields of measurement, definitions of metric, SI, US and UK units.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 13, 2013 at 9:34:19 UTC -