become an editor
the entire directory
only in Energy/Transportation
Human Powered Vehicles
Internal Combustion Engines
Natural Gas Vehicles
Business: Transportation and Logistics
Science: Technology: Transportation
Society: Issues: Transportation
This category in other languages:
ACEEE Green Book
- Ranks cars and trucks according to environmental friendliness. Using this consumer guide, buyers can compare cars, vans, pickups, and sport utility vehicles by their environmental impacts, including air pollution, global warming, and fuel efficiency.
AOL Autos - Hybrid Cars and Green Driving
- Information about hybrid technology and other alternative fuels like ethanol (E85), hydrogen and biodiesel.
Argonne National Laboratory Transportation Research
- Performs research in advanced automotive technologies such as hybrid electric vehicles, emissions reduction, and clean diesel engines.
Boron: A Better Energy Carrier than Hydrogen
- Proposes that cars should use boron as a fuel for propulsion and asserts that boron is a safer fuel than hydrogen or gasoline.
- Information about advanced transportation technology development, particularly in California, including electric, natural gas, and hybrid electric vehicles; intelligent transportation technologies; and clean ferries.
Clean Fuels Development Coalition
- A not-for-profit organization that actively supports the development and production of fuels that can reduce air pollution and lessen dependence on imported oil.
DOE: Alternative Fuels Data Center
- Provides information on alternative fuels and vehicles including programs, events, tools, data, analysis and trends. From the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).
Energy Efficiency for Railways
- Project with purpose of evaluating energy efficient technologies, measures and projects for railways. Includes database, event calendar and mission statement.
Green Cars Now
- Resource on fuel efficient and hybrid cars. Includes news, ratings, data, and driving tips.
IndiRail: A clean transportation system
- Conceptual proposal for an infrastructure for transportation aimed at the use of renewable energy sources.
National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium (NAFTC)
- Develops curricula and delivers training and educational programs about alternative fuel vehicle technologies and systems.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory: Center for Transportation Analysis
- Research and development on transportation energy and environmental issues, national transportation planning and policy, and transportation systems engineering.
Research: Georgia Tech Research Institute
- The Advanced Transportation and Advanced Systems (ATAS) Laboratory works on electric and hyrogen vehicle projects.
Small Efficient Vehicles
- Outlines the development of a low-horsepower, super-efficient hybrid car that anyone can afford.
US Council for Automotive Research
- Umbrella organization of DaimlerChrysler, Ford and General Motors, formed to conduct cooperative, pre-competitive research.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 23, 2015 at 1:35:07 UTC -